Duncan

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters from dune.

Authors note: Thank you so much to everyone who is reading this I love writing it and I hope that you love reading it too.

Y/n's POV:

"Shit" said Paul looking up as I turned around. 

It was Duncan and he was grinning. "I think that's the first time I've ever been able to sneak up on Paul" said still smiling 

"How long have you been there?" I asked pushing into Paul's chest as if that would protect me in some way. 

"long enough" said Duncan

"You can't take her away from me" said Paul, his voice sounded steady but I could feel him shaking. 

"Why would I do that?" 

"It's against every rule for me to date him" I said 

"I know but your boyfriend is one of my closest friends so I guess I'm just going to have to keep your secret. Oh, and by the way Paul," he added, "you might want to pull your shirt up before Gurney arrives or you might find it a bit hard to explain where you got those bruises" Duncan Indicated Paul's collar bone was he finished the sentence and we both blushed.

I stepped out of Paul's arms so he could re-adjust his top and went over to talk to Duncan. 

"How long?" he asked as I walked up to him

"How long what?" I questioned

"How long have you two been keeping this secret?" 

"Oh, five months" I said a hint of sadness coming into my voice

"Must be difficult" he said

"Sometimes, but two of my friends downstairs know and Paul's worth it" I said smiling slightly as I looked up to watch him. He had returned to the manikin and was currently hitting it with as Dao ( a curved kind of sword ). 

"You really love him don't you?"

"Yes" I said but at that moment our conversation was cut short by Gurney Halleck entering the room.

"Right" began Gurney " let's train"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The training took up the majority of the morning. When we stopped for lunch Gurney was called away to talk with Duke Lento leaving Duncan to tease Paul about how he would pull his punches whenever he fought me.  

"I mean seriously kid, I don't know how I didn't realize sooner, you two are so dam obvious"

I laughed and quoted a character from the book Paul and I were currently reading "Everything seems obvious once you know about it" 

Paul pressed a gentle kiss to the side of my neck at this causing me to turn to look at him.Once he had my attention he said "We should finish that book tonight, usual spot?" I nodded looking forward to a night in out secret garden.

"Usual spot?" questioned Duncan

"None of your business" I said pulling my eyes from Paul's face to address him. 

He stuck his hands up as if in surrender and I shifted slightly onto Paul's lap he snaked his arms around my waste, my hands grasped his where they rested on my stomach. 

"Okay, If he starts suckling your neck again I'm out, I don't care" 

"Shut up" Muttered Paul but he released me and after a second I slipped back off his lap, as easy as it was to forget just sitting and talking to Duncan our relationship was still forbidden and Gurney could return any second.