Star Gazing

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters from dune. 

Authors note: I have changed the age in usual spot, they are now 19.

Y/n POV: 

I woke up a little later than usual but still in good time for the work day and quickly got into appropriate cloths. I would be training with Paul again today and Mary was coming to watch as matron had not yet figured out her task list. 

Mary wore a pair of leggings and a loose top, as she wouldn't be doing that much fighting it would work well. We ate breakfast with Camilla and Mia then headed upstairs to the training room. 

When we arrived Duncan and Paul were already training shields flickered between then blue then red then blue again. They came to a draw and the Pair stood up from where they had finished the fight on the ground.

"Y/n" boomed Duncan "and who is this young lady?" he asked indicating Mary

"Mary, she's shadowing me until she gets her task sheet she should have had it but today but Matron had something to attend yesterday evening and didn't have time to make up the sheet."

"Nice to meet you Mary"said Paul bending down a little to shake the little girls hand. I smiled at him and he caught my eye and smiled back. We stared at each other for a second before Duncan coughed artificially to attract out attention. 

"Ready to train?" he asked 

"Isn't Gurney coming today?" I asked 

"No, he's training with the guard this morning"

"Okay then let's start" I said and Paul and I stepped up onto the mat. we fought for about ten minuets with neither of us rely trying to win just enjoying the feeling of fighting together and laughing occasionally as a particularly well aimed punch  or kick was dodged. By the end of the fight we were just rolling around on the floor in a struggle to see who would end up on top. It was me. I stayed position for five seconds before rolling off his body and onto the mat. 

"I won" I said heaving for breath. It may not have been a serious fight but it had lasted a wile and I was exhausted. 

"That was so cool" said Mary as if two people fighting was the most awe inspiring thing she had ever seen. 

"They were pulling their punches" muttered Duncan 

"Shut up" I yelled at him across the room and he laughed

"But you were. It's a good thing you two are on the same side cause if you did that on a battle field the pair of you would be dead" 

Paul rolled his eyes at this comment and muttered "Well show us how it' s done then" 

"fine which one of you an I fighting" he said staring at the two of us. 

"Me," said Mary "Cause other wise it isn't fair, they are pulling their punches cause they love each other but you don't love either of them in that way. But you would feel guilty fighting a child like me"

A shocked science filled the room. I broke it "How do you know about Paul and I?" 

"It's obvious isn't it?"

"Only to you. No one else really noticed before we told them" said Paul

"Oh" 

"Maybe it has something to do with not really knowing either of you so to her it doesn't seem so strange" Guessed Duncan 

"Maybe" I said thoughtfully 

"I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to, I'm just good at reading people" Said Mary