Chapter Nineteen: Calls Of The Dark

I got up that morning with Naiden in my arms. That night... He told me he couldn't sleep and kept getting up to pace in front of the window. I suppose he hoped he would see Aldwyn return...

But I took hold of him and returned him to bed, placing his head on my chest... It wasn't long before the weary creature passed out, breathing deeply.

I hoped that would help me sleep easier.

Except it didn't.

When Naiden was passed out from it.... More of the fear was instilled in me.

I sighed out loud remembering where I was.

It was morning now and I had to find my son.

Gently placing my husband down I got up, getting ready for the day ahead.

My first plan was to interrogate all of Aldwyn's personal staff, then perhaps his friends.

Secondly I would have my security teams review his online searches. Perhaps some clue would be there and while we were snooping I'd also have his room flipped upside down.

Additionally speaking to the Airport staff it would be good to find out where he went from them directly.

If not I'd have to get in contact with every last person who caught a plane from that airport that day.

I sat back in my chair, squeezing the stress ball.

Naiden sat all the way on the other side, when that albino toy of Aldwyn's walked in looking confused.

"Uh... Good morning sirs. You don't look like you've slept at all."

Naiden smiled weakly in his direction.

I on the other hand began putting two and two together.

Getting up, I stormed over to him, and watched his eyes widen with fear.

I tugged at his wrist pulling him Out of the room, hearing Naiden's confused call on my back and the soft click of the door after.

I glared down at the boy.

"Alright. Get talking. Who do you work for!?"

He pouted looking up at me in mortification."What do you mean, who do I work for!? I'm Aldwyn's toy!"

I laughed "Oh right my selfish virgin of a son would keep a toy sure!"

His brows dipped as he took a step back from me and scoffed.

"My name is Gabriel and I don't know why your son bought me... But I should clarify one thing and that is he's not a virgin."

I stood there dumbfounded for a moment.

"Excuse me?"

He chuckled "The only reason I'm his toy, is because he sold his virginity to aquire me."

I felt anger bubble up deep under my skin.

"You have got to be fucking kidd... "
I grabbed at his throat and leered down at the boy as he choked in my hold.

" You think you can insult my son like that, comparing him to a whore!?"

The boy wheezed in my hold and I felt for a moment so... Overcome with rage...

Until a sharp shove met my shoulder and I let go, dropping the boy.

My husband glowered up at me with an icy glare.
"What... Do you think you're doing!? Is that the example you wanna set for our servants and staff?"