Chapter Twenty Seven: Love and Lust

Honey White

" Uh huh. And you told Ares this? What did you expect... he was bound to stop you. That's a safety hazard sis..."

I walked over to our family gates, having come home from Uncle Nay's house.

Shit was insane these days but I was more concerned about my little sister getting caught up in drama for the money.

I closed my eyes listening to her whine." Oh please you know this is valuable. Peterman declared a new policy and then proceeds to throw an elusive party with no coverage? Something can not be right!"

I scoffed, about to open my mouth when I notice the soft blue eyes of Sampson.

He was standing just outside the house looking upset.
" Uh look, sis. Just sit tight for now. Just let it play out I've got shit to deal with... "

I hung up and marched over to the door listening to him mumble beside me.

"Hey... I'm sorry about what I said... I know Scarlet is your brother. I shouldn't have said what I did... But my point still stands Hon! I LOVE you... When are you gonna make up your mind!? Because if you wanna be with Scarlet... He wont let us be friends."

It was irritating. Scar was... Complicated to say the least.

I frowned up at him." I already told you... I've told Scar I don't want to be with him... But I don't want to be with you either! Neither of you is any good for me... "

I waited for the doors to open, my guards glowering at Sampson before urging me in.

Sampson scoffed "Honey... I thought the reason you didn't like me was because Scarlet didn't like me. We never had a problem before so why now?"
I looked back over my shoulder.

The sun was starting to set as I let out a sigh.

"I just... Need to find my own feet... Maybe if... It's in my future... I'll be with you then but... As of right now... I just... Can't."

My guard John huffed "That boy has been standing out there since two hours ago... Why didn't you invite him in?"

I rolled my eyes "Things are complicated... And I can't use more arguing."

I felt disheartened. My best friend and my brother.

Both relationships had soured thanks to a thing called Love.

Walking into the main lounge, my dad was watching TV flicking through channels dressed casually in a very mock 70's sweater and long jeans combo.

My sister however was at a nearby table tapping away angrily at a laptop.

I sighed, rolling my eyes.
"Didn't we agree you'd stay out of that story?"

She pouted in my direction briefly, eyes glueing back to her screen.
"Yeah and thanks to that decision half an hour on the jump has cost me. American women's media... Already posted a story... And as it turns out... It was a birthday party held by Damien Peterman for his father."

She scoffed "I could have been eating so much of my own cake if we'd jumped on that sooner..."

I smiled feeling sympathy.
She was my little sister... Yet her life was one big story chase.

My dad called out lazily "No Sampson today?"

I winced.
"No, dad. I told you. I'm pissed at him."

My dad seemed to smile to himself... If only for a brief second.
"Aw Honey... No. I'm sorry."

I groaned "It's whatever dad. No biggie. Life just happens."