Chapter Thirty Four: Work On Your Day Off

Lloyd.

I couldn't get hold of Scarlet at first.
When I finally did he sounded tired. I couldn't tell what was up with him.

"Hey bro? I wanted to ask you something regarding Aldwyn's recent return. Totally work based. My publisher was asking me if I think Aldwyn will return to politics considering the uselessness of Petermans false promises any..."

He groaned "Mmm. Lloyd? I don't think that's... Important right now. I need you to get away from this whole political mess because whatever happens with Peterman.... Or Aldwyn even.... Things will get messy..."

I laughed to myself "It's just a paper. Why are you so scared. People deserve to know the truth."

He sounded irritated raising his voice. "Look I know Peterman is a shit stain. Especially to women.... But right now bringing Aldwyns name into politics again... I can only wonder how much of ego boost that prick will get. Once he sticks his nose in do you think we can get rid of him!? He's only from the most powerful family in the states Lloyd. So listen to me and stay out of it!"

I huffed realising I was not going to receive Scarlets help like this but found myself asking more important questions again.
" Why are you avoiding us...?"

There was a pause as he fumbled for the words.
" I'm not. "

But I was growing impatient.
" You are! Fuck, Scar! Is Honey all you gave a shit about. Just because you guys are fighting doesn't mean you have to leave. You haven't even been round to the house."

He let out a long sigh. "Lloyd. Its not about Honey it's just... Its our father."

I pouted to myself as he continued to spill little details... That I'd so carelessly overlooked.

"I'm sorry you guys are on your own on this one. Really I am." he huffed

I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. "No. I get it. I'm sorry dad can't look past that. I just... Don't want to lose you.."

There was silence as he laughed softly.
"No. You won't lose me. Ever. You're my baby sister Deedee. I told you. I'm not going anywhere."

I held onto that warm feeling and returned some of it "Thank you Scar. I love you okay?"

I huffed, murmuring goodbyes and staring down at my phone in my hand.
I knew Scarlet was worried but I had to get on with my work.
I had to find out more about Aldwyn and his organisation.

After all... His life was blowing up in the news with all the partying he had been doing.

I called up Uncle Naiden in the hopes I could arrange an appointment with Aldwyn.

Instead... Naiden told me he had little knowledge on where he would be but forwarded me the number for the organisation... The Eye.

Calling them.... Lead to fifteen minutes of being passed around and finally... I was invited to meet with Aldwyn's Representatives.

Okay. At least I was getting somewhere with this.

I spent the following morning doing up my hair and gathering my electronic notepad.

I stepped out of my room to silence of the large rouge hallways.
Making my way downstairs some sounds travelled out of the large kitchen.
Other sounds travelled out from   the maids room.

When I found dad he was sitting down talking to an old friend of his. Someone who'd passed away. He kept her Urn, he'd told me and everyday he said he never stopped feeling her presence.
I loved that dad could care so deeply about others.
But today I smiled and made my way out.
I had an important mission to carry out.