Chapter Forty Two: Women Want Things

His words pushed a further distance between us. A space wide enough for Coryns words to echo louder in my mind.

I didn't Need this waste of a being.
He turned around and began to walk away.

I could make this quick.
I could kill him quick.
He wouldn't even know what hit him.
He was no use to me in the long run.
There was no bending him to my every whim.
And so I glanced over at Ater and gently took her wrist.
Pressing a thumb just below hers I watched as Koryn stilled.

Nothing. For a moment he remained still and I was sure he was electrocuted by some invisible lightning.

However he slowly turned around and scoffed.
"Bravo. You actually would kill me. So you would go this far huh? I can't believe it."

W...what..

What was going on.
This wasn't right.. Maybe I had the wrong spot.
I gripped at her wrist tighter. No. I could feel it.
He crossed his arms before me.
"When are you going to stop annoying the girl?" he rolled his eyes.

I was getting irritated now. I couldn't win against this bastard.. "What the fuck are you!? What obscene creature are you?"

He laughed "Oh for fucks sake of course you'd get freaking worried about it."
He raised his hands defensively. "I don't even know what you're talking about."

I stammered. "No! You can't just take it back. You just acknowledged it! You knew I was trying to hurt you so why are you not dead yet!?"
He shrugged "I don't know?"
He laughed as I approached him raising my fist.
The minute I did though his eyes narrowed in on me and before I knew it, he'd grabbed my arm twisted it around my back and kicked me forward onto the floor. I'd forgotten who's son he was.
"Touch me again and I'll return it."
I was getting at wits end glaring up at him from the floor.
"YOU MAKE NO SENSE TO ME!!!! You should be dead!"

His eyes softened again as he released me. I lay on my back watching him confused.
He walked away from me, slowly, thoughtfully, worriedly.
I had to kill him.... Soon.

As of right now I couldn't hurt him... But a part of me believed one day I would be able to...

As he walked away though something sad rang in my heart... Some strange reason the voice of Maria Callas sang something somber.
I didn't understand it... I didn't... Want to kill him.

I quietly calmed myself down before stabilising myself.
I didn't have to kill him right now.
As I grew stronger.... Maybe I'd finally be able to kill him and not feel remorse.

No. It wasn't remorse though.

I remained in my room all afternoon.

It seemed lately with the help of Niveus I grew addicted to my fantasies and desires.

But when I was down like this I didn't want to be surrounded by my wants.

The entire afternoon dragged on mercilessly. Things stale, still and waiting in my room.
Myself, I sat there, a confusion of feelings.

But soon enough the days began to pass quicker and easier.

I walked up to the podium during the task of Pride and gave my speech. I kept Ater and Niveus not far behind me.
After all people always needed persuasion.

Everyone wore masks and expensive costumes as I was told tonight would be a night to celebrate.

I was surprised I had so much of a following but this was with the help of the princes and my grandmother. She looked on me proudly from the crowd. Eyes gleaming and glistening.