Chapter Four: De Rien

Scarlet folded the cards before me revealing a Tarot card I didn't understand.

"Do you even believe in this shit at all!?"

Scarlet raised the card to his face wearing a small hint of a smirk. The man hardly ever smiled.
"Oh would you look at that. Romance is in your path."
He chuckled softly "How amusing."

I rolled my eyes. "Romance won't be in my path until I have to make an image."

Scarlet eyed me up and down
"Why have you come to see me Aldwyn?"

I tilted my head at him. "To enquire. How are those twins you care for?"

His eyes hardened "Talk about anything else but those girls Aldwyn. I'm not letting you in on their lives."

I scoffed. Abort mission.
"Fine. Have you seen my brother? I've been trying to spend time with him... Any time I do my father arrives with him. It... Enrages me. They don't even trust me with him.. "

Scarlet glanced down at the cards hovering over them inquisitive as if they would hold some divine communication.

Total shit.

He hummed" Well Aldwyn you have a robotic personality that struggles to connect to others. I feel like we can downplay the whole psychopathic tendencies thing if... We choose to show your more... Open of traits. "

He glanced up at me raising a brow briefly.
I bit my lip" What the fuck are you talking about? "

He smirked" Get a girl on the team. You already have two patronisingly white men. Bring a girl on the team and focus on human issues. It'll make you more... Genuine, more human. "

I hissed at the thought... A girl of all...

I rolled my eyes and climbed out of my chair.

I knew two women. Both were sisters of my companions. I didn't know if that made me suspicious or if it was... A match made in heaven..

Strolling around the large lounge I clicked my fingers at him.
"Give me Lloyd."

He glowered up at me quietly "No."

I scoffed "Are you gonna be a constipated ass about everything I ask for!? Why are you so protective of her? While I figured playing the close to home card might not be a good look... Shes a female rights advocate, shes also an Ally of the Lgbt plus community. She's a public figure and very vocal spokesperson for aid for CalamityAbroad. I figured she's an amazing fit! "

Scarlet leered up at me.
" That's just it... Aldwyn... The very first issue you raised. It will all seem planned if we bring Lloyd on the team. I get that she's got a checklist that ticks your agenda. But people will see through that too. "

I groaned rolling my eyes.

"Well. I'm guessing your tarot spirits were right Scarlet... Romance.. Might be in the foreseeable future."

Scarlet folded his arms. "Just don't knock up anyone..."

I couldn't help but smirk, picking up my coat and making my way out of the White's building.

Stepping out I looked back at the large fancy building. Theirs held less symbols of family heritage and more stylish lamps.

I climbed into my car with ease and opened up my phone.

AldWorth: We need a female on the team according to Scarlet

VladImov: Oh. Ow. Desperation is kicking in. Hmmm.. Well. Am I seeing you today for the grocery runs.