Chapter Forty Four: Seeds of Doubt

I was taking advantage of my power.
I didn't need Ater present to necessarily make someone suffer.
I envisioned a a dark rope of  raging fire around her neck and began to squeeze.
Grandmother began to choke, slowly first and then viciously.

It was fun.

Teaching her, her place.

While I'd been standing around, she'd confessed she had nothing to do with my wives but now I'd discovered she had everything to do with the death of my grandfather and the coma of my father.

But soon she fell to the floor gasping and wheezing in relief.

I crossed my arms before me.
"You find out who killed my wives now. If I don't hear back from you on this I will prolong your suffering till the day you die."

She coughed out on the floor eyed wide with fear as she stroked at her wrinkled throat with the bare tips of her fingers. 
"M.... Lord.."

I turned my back on her and walked out again.
Amos had been stood outside blushing from the cold night air.
"Yo. Did you find out anything from granny?"

I shrugged "The bitch keeps trying to complete her own agendas."

Amos climbed into the dark car beside me.
"So what are you doing tomorrow?"

I leaned back against the couch.
"Tomorrow, my dear Amos... I announce to the world my marriage to Lily and we send Alastor and Orrin to China again to control detractors there... And to continue leading operations. Basically, I'm gonna be busy with The Eye tomorrow so... Don't be a pest."

His eyes lit up at me when I said those exact words.
I recognised that flash of excitement.
" How have things been going for you? " I inquired.

He laughed looking smug " It's easy to get people to crawl into my bed baby."

I groaned reaching down for a cigarette.
" Then why'd you have a face like a slapped ass?"

He pouted looking out the other window.
" The other night.... That same night you beat the shit out of Scarlet I..."

I laughed to myself" You're the one who believes in mindless flings and now you're getting attached? "

He glowered at me." I don't care for relationships... But Aldwyn... That night, I walked over to my favourite hotel...  only to find him there at the reception...  I don't know... What you did to him Aldwyn but it made him change his mind... At least about me."

I huffed" So? "

He sighed looking some inkling of shame" He's been.... Blowing up my phone every night since... Wants me to come over... But tonight... I don't know where he was..."
I reached out and grabbed him by the collars.
" Don't... Go... Getting... Attached... Or I'll detach your head from the rest of you am I making myself clear? "

He grabbed my hand gently and cooed at me softly" Abundantly Aldwyn... I'm just... I just want him.... A little more.... Loose y'know. "

Bendable. He wanted a mindless vegetable.

He wanted Scarlet to forget his morals and to be honest... It was better for me if he was such a way.

I hadn't told Naiden of my arrival.
Frankly I didn't have to.
Courtesy of some of my new abilities.... I was able to slither right past people without them even recognising me.

I don't know if it would work on Naiden but It definitely worked on other people. I literally walked past Rayus as he gave out orders for the day.
When I returned into the building it took a while though to establish where my father was but... Once I found him I sat with him for a short amount of time.
I watched him, seeing Alphonse's face more and more in him. It was funny. I'd only seen my great ancestor in my dream... And yet... It was like looking into a pond. Dad looked so much like him and had a similar serious expression.