Chapter Forty Five: Hate Spawns Hate

Great Grand Father finally took a sip of his tea smirking over at me.

"In that time... It must have been a year or two that Alphonse found Ellyn and I... Had been raising my son Saphyr... He'd earned none of the Gregor's abilities... He'd earned nothing of my own Westenborne abilities. I was so furious with him that I had to force him to believe and accept half of the truths that others could not see.

Alphonse's long-term escort, Jaime would hunt me down and beg me to aid her in having a child. I found it insulting, but when she explained she wanted to destroy the relationship Alphonse had with Ellyn... By giving him a child... I thought that was the perfect solution. Have that bastard raise my children. It was the perfect plan of course until Jaime... Did what most women do and well... failed miserably at delivering success."

He sighed sitting back in his chair. " Not...a fucking day goes by Aldwyn that I don't miss the good old days where people fucking respected what my grandfather and father had to say. When they went to them for advice and constantly sought their company.."

I sat back in my own chair. "I get it... The De Cartes destroyed your house. "

He leered at me. "Our house. You are my flesh and blood. You understand better than anyone...Especially with that cuckoo in your nest. "

I sat with him in the silence of that confession. At that moment... I felt accepted by him.

When Lily arrived I noticed great grandfather immediately close off.

She smiled at me. "Hey, Handsome. Whatcha doing down here so late..."

She wrapped her arms around me and chupped a kiss on my head.

This was... New.

I smiled up at her pressing a kiss to her lips. "Private meeting with Coryn sweety. You should go have dinner. "

She winced looking annoyed. "Fine. But you better join me young man I've been fucking bored alone in this house."

I smiled watching her walk back out of the room swinging her hips.

Grandfather growled softly. "Women are good for one thing Aldwyn and that's making children. The quicker you have a few sons that can defend the Gregor line Aldwyn... You'll be protecting a line of Legends."

Hah... Children. Shit, I was only 24.

He smirked at me. "If you want any more proof of our family's legacy Aldwyn... Let me warn you right now. That girl will get pregnant... And she will cheat on you. The rest Is for you to deal with."

I scoffed. In other words... As I'd expected... Lily was using me for power. Like I was using her for an image.

This was perfect.

After breakfast that morning I decided to take Lily out for a date.

The purpose? Call the paparazzi and encourage them to focus on a very particular detail.

Something sad would echo in the back of my mind though. That constant reminder that the more I gained power... The more people would want to connect with me... Just for that. Not for me. Not to be of use to me. Just to use me.

My dark curls long past the nape of my neck, wearing sunglasses that blocked out the light. In the few years that had gone by, I'd gotten taller. The casual rock band tee, fit snugly over my firm body. Faded ripped jeans and casual sneakers.

Lily had gotten older too. Her hands with sharp red nails gripped into my clutch. She'd gotten skinnier, the clothes got tighter and shorter. More skin, more reds, more temptation.