Evelyn

This new text on my phone from Aiden leaves me speechless.

Sexy Hunk: Listen I didn't want to ask you this because your parents are there, but would you like to fly out to England with me to meet my parents for thanksgiving?

He's sent this message almost two hours ago and I still haven't answered him. As much as I hate the fact my parents are never around they came home for the first time on thanksgiving. Do I really want to pass that up to meet his family?

I've been wanting to meet his family for a while now and honestly maybe now is a good time. What about my family though? How will they react when I tell them I don't want to spend it with them, but with my boyfriend's family?

They'll just be as crushed as I am every time they don't show up for me.

Me: Aiden this is the worst timing!

Sexy Hunk: I know, I was going to ask you after you said you wanted to be with me, but then your parents walked in on us.

Sighing I get out of my bed and walk downstairs. My father is sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hands and my mom is eating a bowel of cereal.

"Goodmorning." I frown walking down the stairs. My mother looks up at me and smiles.

"Morning. Are you ready to go grocery shopping?" My mother asks.

Shaking my head and sit down next to her. Her face drops in confusion. "What?"

Blowing out a shaky breath I look at her. "I'm going to England for Thanksgiving," I say.

My mother's eyes widen and my dad also turns to look at me. "Where did you get the money to be able to go to England?" My father asks.

"I'm visiting Aiden's family," I add.

My dad crosses his arms. "So that boy is taking my little girl away from us for Thanksgiving!"

Scrunching up my face at his choice of words I choose to defend my man. "I didn't think you two were coming home. After all, neither of you are ever around." Rolling my eyes I look them dead in the eyes.

"Eve that is so not true." My mother says furrowing her brows.

Not wanting to have this conversation I grab my car keys off the counter. "I need to get to campus." Hugging my mom I walk out of the door.

"This conversation is far from over." She calls out.

....

Walking into the school I see Cali and Melinda talking and laughing with each other. Walking over to them I see Melinda eye me before making a straight face.

What's going on with her lately. "Hey, you two." I smile.

"Hey. How did it go with your parents?" Cali asks.

After my parents had a pop in I told Cali everything. "They came in at the wrong time." Sighing I remember how Aiden and I were so close.

"Can't believe your parents walked in on both of you." Cali laughs.

"Wait! Your parents caught you two." Melinda's eyes widen.

"Yeah. We were having dinner and things just escalated and we hadn't noticed the door wasn't locked." Biting my lip I blush.

"He seems to be a bad influence." Melinda frowns.

Furrowing my brows I look at her. "He's nothing but good to me, Melinda. Plus it takes two people to tango it's not like he forced me to." Crossing my arms I add "You seem to really have a problem with Aiden and I."