4

a few days passed with rodrick driving you home.

even though he dropped you home, you two didn't talk much. this gave you the idea that rodrick didn't want to be your friend, making you feel like a burden to him.

but during those days you had become acquaintances with a boy in your class, Billy.

he seemed nice enough to be your friend, even though you didn't know much about him yet.

Billy had insisted you sat with him at lunch but you always declined his offer, until Thursday.

you came out of your classroom, walking to the cafeteria and talking with Billy.

rodrick, Ben and Chris were walking behind you a few meters away, when Ben saw you and Billy walking together.

"Mr steal-your-girl" Ben nudged rodrick, distinctively pointing at Billy.

"she's no- we're not dating" rodrick strictly whispered, his eyes traveling from you to Billy, then Ben.

"right. you're still into Heather" Ben rolled his eyes and rodrick let out a soft "yeah..." in response.

his gaze averted back to you as your laugh was heard around the hallway, Billy chuckling with you as he kept telling you dumb jokes.

"man get over heather... she's not into you" chris said, catching rodrick's attention again.

"shut up" he spoke as everyone reached the cafeteria.

Billy led you to a table and you sat down, waiting for "some other guys" to come.

a while later, you saw rodrick, chris and ben sitting at your table, across from you. you pulled out your phone, greeting Chris and Ben.

you knew chris from your literature class and ben from the many times he has mistaken rodrick's house with yours.

time passed by with you and Billy chuckling at memes and jokes on your phone.

Ben elbowed rodrick as he caught him staring at you and billy, whispering to him as he folded in pain.

"you're into her and it shows"

"you're gross" rodrick groaned, holding his stomach.

"fucking pussy" Ben chuckled and rodrick started eating quietly.

a while later, rodrick noticed that you didn't have food on your tray, and Billy was missing?

"y/n" he spoke and you looked up from your phone.

"where's your food" he added.

"I'm not hungry" you mumbled and looked back at your phone.

"you ate all my shit in the van so don't expect me to give you anything" rodrick strictly said and chris turned to look at him.

"you're driving her today too?" Chris spoke, confused.

"it's not raining" you said, looking confused as well.

"right... it's not..." rodrick looked down at his food.

"that's sad" Chris fake frowned, earning an elbow to the gut from rodrick.

"where's Billy?" Ben spoke out of the blue.

you watched Billy come back to the table, holding two trays with food.

"here" he said and you smiled at him, taking one tray and placing it in front of you.

"I thought you weren't hungry" Ben raised his eyebrows.

"yeah but now I have food" you said, chuckling softly.

"I could buy you foo-" rodrick slightly furrowed his eyebrows before you cut him off with a simple "no".

"wow this one's not into you either" Ben mumbled at rodrick, making Chris laugh.

"we're not even close" rodrick spoke before he caught a glimpse of your almost empty tray.

"you know you're really bad at whispering" you spoke after a moment of silence, both Ben and Chris turning to look at you.

the bell rang and you got up, quietly walking to your next class.

rodrick looked at Billy, his glare making the boy tense up before he got up, following you to your classroom.

Chris followed behind you and Billy before ben got up and shook rodrick, making him snap out of his thoughts.

"don't forget band practice today" ben reminded him.

"right..." rodrick spoke and got up, walking to his class.

the day passed quickly, your teacher dismissing you earlier for your last period.

you walked out of the school into the parking lot. it was cold, humid, but not raining.

you wouldn't wait for rodrick to drive you home but you saw him following you away from his car.

"since when are you sociable??" he spoke as soon as you turned around, catching you off guard.

"what?" you asked, looking up at him and he started walking beside you.

"you seem to be close with Billy" you nodded, confused and watched rodrick's eyebrows shoot up.

"we've been neighbors for years and you don't even talk to me..." he added, sounding slightly mad.

"you don't talk to me either" you said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"but you talk to Billy and not me" rodrick crossed his arms.

what a fucking child

"so what?? I can't have friends??" you started to slowly lose your temper at rodrick's childish acts.

"just fucking talk to me" he spoke and you let out a sigh.

"don't make it look like we're too close" you said.

"why no-"

"Ben thinks we're dating" you cut him off.

"oh yeah, ew" he mumbled to himself.

"I know" you spoke and rodrick stayed quiet before you walked off to your house.

Chris and Ben walked up to rodrick before they all got in the van, on their way for band practice.

"with y/n again?" Ben wiggled his eyebrows, leaning close to rodrick.

"your standards fell that low, huh?" Chris chuckled to himself.

"what's wrong with y/n?" rodrick spoke as he started driving, confusion in his voice.

"I mean... she's not bad. but she could be way better" Ben pulled his phone out as Chris let out a "yeah" agreeing with him.

"have you seen her outside school?" rodrick smirked, looking at the road.

"no" Ben and Chris both spoke, rodrick's words grabbing their attention.

"yeah... she's decent" rodrick's smirk grew wider.

"like hot decent?" Ben asked and rodrick thought about it for a bit before nodding his head.

"bet you're saying too much" Ben leaned back on his seat.

"yeah, I have to see that" Chris chuckled and rodrick glanced at him.

"sure. maybe you will" rodrick mumbled to himself, parking the van in front of his house.