20

a while later, Rowley and Greg quietly walked to rodrick's room. they closed the door and sat on the floor, looking around rodrick's stuff that were scattered across the room.

they didn't seem to notice you sleeping peacefully under the blankets, rodrick's scent keeping you relaxed in his bed.

a while passed and your phone rang, making the two boys immediately stop talking and giggling.

"it's probably rodrick's phone..." Greg looked over at the bed as Rowley nodded, visibly scared.

the two boys screamed as you sat up and stretched, looking for your phone. you looked at them, surprised as they went into shock.

"Y/N??" Rowley shouted as you rubbed your eyes. you stood up and towered over them, looking quite intimidating.

"what are you doing here??? in rodrick's bed???" Greg widened his eyes while countless thoughts went through his head.

"no. nothing like that. what are you doing in his room??" you strictly asked, watching the boy's face turn pale.

"we... just... we wanted to-" Greg got cut off by a loud thud.

---

rodrick quickly put his spoon down when he heard Rowley shout your name from his bedroom.

"what was that??" his dad asked as rodrick approached his bedroom door.

the door flew open and rodrick burst in the room, his eyes immediately falling on the two troublemakers.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO IN MY ROOM" rodrick lost his temper, looking around to see everything out of place.

"hey, they didn't touch anything..." you tried to draw his attention.

"w-we won't do it again, I promise" Greg put on the most innocent smile he had, trying to get out of the situation.

"you're friends with y/n?" Rowley asked, pointing at you.

you looked at rodrick, your eyes still sleepy as they locked with his. you nodded your head towards the door and rodrick let out a quiet sigh, looking around.

"you're so fucking dead" he threatened the boys before pointing at the door.

Greg quickly ran away, leaving Rowley looking up at you. you smiled as nicely as you could and patted Rowley's head.

"can you leave us alone for a minute?" you spoke softly and Rowley grinned, melting under your touch.

rodrick patted Rowley's back, hard enough to startle him before he ran out of the room.

rodrick closed the door and watched you plop on his bed, looking up at him. you hid a yawn behind your hands and patted the space next to you.

"they didn't touch anything important... I saw them giggling at some of your essays, that's all" you smiled softly, trying to soften the atmosphere.

"but-" rodrick looked back at you before you cut his sentence short.

"they didn't wake me up... they didn't annoy me, they didn't see any of your magazines" you chuckled, your eyes scanning rodrick's flustered expression.

"I... don't have magazines like that" rodrick looked around his room nervously.

"let's say I believe that... they didn't touch your drums, your cassettes, your vinyls..." you added.

"they still were in my room. and saw you in my bed" he looked down at you, his gaze wandering around your outfit.

"so? it's not like anything happened between us in the first place" you nudged rodrick's arm and stood up, his eyes following your every move.

"right... well goodmorning sleepyhead. breakfast?" rodrick went back to his usual self again, smirking as he stood up.

"lovely day we're having" you sarcastically commented as you walked out of the room, approaching the kitchen.

you sat next to Mrs heffley, quietly starting to eat the breakfast in front of you.

"I didn't know you stayed the night" rodrick's dad commented, intimidating as always.

"goodmorning... we finished the project late and figured I might as well stay. didn't want to wake anyone up" your lips curved into a sweet smile.

you've made a great impression to the heffleys since forever, especially rodrick's dad. he admired how polite and well mannered you were in front of them.

"how did you sleep?" Mrs heffley asked, her eyes pinned on you and rodrick.

"she slept good. can we eat now?" rodrick spoke before you had a chance to answer.

silence fell over the room as everyone continued eating. your phone rang once again and you stood up, walking to the bathroom to not disturb anyone.

"hello?" you spoke, your voice soft.

"y/n where are you? why aren't you answering your phone?" your mum sounded upset from the other line.

"I'm at the neighbor's... I told you we had a project" you leaned against the wall, expecting your mum to yell at you.

"you should have called us. who told you to sleep over??" she shouted.

"I texted dad... rodrick sai-" you tried to speak, feeling a sting on your throat.

"who said the neighbors had to take care of you just because it was late?? stop being a burden y/n" she added.

tears formed in your eyes and you slowly hang up on her. you put your phone down and looked up to stop the tears from falling, your face rather nonchalant.

a knock was heard on the door, startling you. you quickly wiped your tears away and opened the door to rodrick.

"I'll be right out, sorry" you quietly spoke and started walking out of the bathroom.

you felt rodrick's grip on your arm before he pulled you back inside, closing the door behind you.

"are those tears?" rodrick roughly wiped your tears away with his thumbs.

"no... fuck off"  you looked away, pushing his hands away.

"I have to go home" you added, shivers running down your spine when you noticed the closeness between you and the boy.

"you haven't finished your breakfast. did something happen?" he kept the door shut with his arm, unintentionally towering over you.

"just my mum yelling at me for sleeping over" you let out a fake chuckle, hoping to lighten the mood.

"what? I'll talk to her. let's go" rodrick took his arm off the door and opened it.

you quickly gripped rodrick's wrist before he could leave the bathroom, a sigh escaping your lips.

"no, it's fine... I'm probably just grounded. I don't go out a lot anyway" you pulled him back by his wrist.

"if you didn't cry about it, I'd believe you" rodrick ruffled your hair, making your heart flutter.

"stop babying me" you argued as rodrick placed a rough peck on your forehead, his hand still on your hair.

both your hearts racing, you walked out of the bathroom and back to the kitchen where Manny, Greg and Rowley had taken your seats.

did he really just do that? cute
---
why did I just do that?