12

rodrick's mom walked in your room, not ready for what she'd witness.

Avi followed behind her, her eyes widening at the sight of her prince sleeping peacefully, sitting on your bed.

her eyes followed his head that was leaning back on the bedframe, the open books laying on his lap, his hand in your hair.

you were sleeping on the floor,your back against the wall and your head on rodrick's lap. more books laid on your lap, your face relaxed as ever.

"aw my..." rodrick's mom whispered to herself, pulling out her phone to take a quick picture.

"no fair..." Avi frowned stubbornly, stomping her foot in annoyance.

"shhh... let's let them sleep, honey" rodrick's mom chuckled and pulled the upset toddler out of your room.

---

a few our later, you woke up to your phone ringing loudly. you lifted your head from rodrick's lap and picked up the phone, your voice sounding faint.

"hello?" you spoke.

before you could hear an answer from the other line, a light snoring was heard from rodrick, his hand reaching to push your head back on his lap.

"y/n how's avi? is she back from auntie's?" your mom sounded, your eyes wide.

"what time is it?" you mumbled, afraid you'll wake up rodrick.

"were you sleeping?" your mom spoke strictly.

rodrick's thumb started rubbing circles on your temple, a quiet groan escaping between his snores.

"mmm... shut up..." he groaned in his sleep, making your body tense up.

"yes..." you answered your mom quietly.

"I told you to look after Avi!" she started scolding you, your head starting to ache already.

"I know, I'm sorry-" you let you eyes fall shut, cussing at yourself in your head for being irresponsible.

"damn it y/n... we're almost there" she cut you off.

a long sigh escaped your lips and rodrick's thumb started moving again. he sleepily grabbed your phone and out it close to his ear.

"shut up..." he spoke again. his voice raspy, sleepy, you could tell he was still half asleep.

your eyes widened as he hang up and threw your phone on the bed, books and notes still scattered all over.

"fucking idiot..." you whispered, rodrick's eyes fluttering open.

"what did you just call me?" he spoke, now suddenly fully awake.

you looked at him as seriously as you could and he reached his hand as he stretches his limbs, purposely leaning towards your face.

"well good morning sleepyhead~" rodrick's hand gave you a firm hit on the back of your head and you got up to stretch as well.

"mm... I wasn't the one snoring" you spoke, rodrick's lips forming his usual smirk.

he poked your stomach that was now slightly revealed as you stretched your torso, his ring leaving a cold spot on your skin.

"COLD YOU MOTHERFU-" you shouted, your body folding forward from the sudden contact.

"shh... was that the door?" he mumbled, trying not to laugh at your reaction.

"we're back" you dad sounded from the living room, your eyes widening at the sound of the door slamming.

"shit" you whispered to yourself.

"are you fucking dumb?? what time is it?" rodrick abruptly stood up, gathering his books from your bed as quickly as he could.

you looked for your phone between the books,both of you slapping each other's hands away each time they were about to touch.

"5pm" you spoke, looking at your phone.

"great..." rodrick let out a deep sigh.

"they don't know you're here" you elbowed him.

"did we even eat anything yesterday?? did you???" he raised his voice at you, your heart fluttering.

not sure if it was because of the shouting or the fact that he asked about your health, although you quickly convinced yourself it was nothing.

"is that really our problem right now??" you spoke up, shooting a death glare directly at rodrick's eyes.

"y/n where's your sister??" your dad's voice was heard from outside your door.

soon, the door slowly opened wide,your dad peaking in your room. rodrick looked away, playing with his fingers as your dad's eyes scanned around the room.

"you didn't tell me you had someone over..." he finally spoke, glancing at rodrick.

"we were studying" you sighed, hopelessly looking at rodrick as he gave your dad a nod.

"and what about Avi?" he argued, both of you falling quiet.

your dad sighed deeply and dramatically walked away, your heart dropping when you heard him and your mom start to argue.

you felt a vibration coming from your pocket, rodrick quickly glancing at you. as soon as you handed him his phone, his eyes widened.

"hello?" he picked up the phone.

"get. back. now." you heard a strict,male voice.

"yes dad." he gave you a scared look before he hung up.

you held in your laugh, watching rodrick quickly grab his books, his eyes looking around in fear.

"don't." he spoke, slightly out of breath, before he walked out of your room.

---

rodrick walked in his room, put his books on his desk and jumped on his bed. he sighed deeply after the long lecture his dad gave him, his head starting to hurt.

his hands slipped in his pocket and he took out a silver snake ring that you usually wore on your ring finger.

his mind got back to the night before, his eyes slowly closing as he fiddled with your ring.

---

you grabbed rodrick's phone, fed up with the lack of attention he gave to your half finished project.

"focus on your fucking studies." you strictly spoke, shooting a death glare at him.

he sighed deeply and tried to grab his phone back but you were quick to slip it in your pocket.

as rodrick tried to get his phone back, he took the ring you were fiddling with from your hands and your eyes averted to his hoodie's pocket.

"give it back you asshole" you crossed your arms, earning a wide smirk from rodrick.

"give me my phone back" he glanced at your hands.

"go to page 168..." you spoke after a quiet sigh and carried on with the project.

---