8

you caught a glimpse of Billy doing his usual community service at the other side of the park, a bit away from where you and rodrick were laying.

"what?" rodrick gave you a confused look, watching you sit up.

"it's Billy" you spoke, slightly smiling and standing up.

you felt rodrick's hand pull you down a bit firmly, your upper back accidentally hitting his shoulder.

"but you're hanging out with me right now" he said.

"so?" you tilted your head slightly to the side, looking at his serious expression.

"so what if he takes it the wrong way?" he sighed and look up at the sky again.

you slowly nodded and laid more comfortably next to him, still gently leaning on his shoulder.

you felt him get closer and, before he could say anything, you blurted out what first came to mind.

"but I'm still cold" rodrick sighed and stood up, walking towards his van.

you got up and followed him, your knee hurting even worse from falling on him.

rodrick noticed Billy walking closer to your area and quickly pulled you in the back of his van, leaving the doors open as there wasn't any lighting.

"what the hell?" you spoke as you both sat down.

rodrick threw a rag at you to use as a blanket and got on his phone, lazily acting like he's texting although you could see the reflection of his notes app, gibberish written all over it.

"this doesn't help..." you mumbled to yourself, wrapping yourself in the 'blanket'.

"stop complaining" he strictly spoke.

"not my fault you dress like a slut" he added, his eyes pinned on his phone's screen.

you sighed and got on your phone as well, not planning to argue with your only ride home.

"I mean... not that I mind..." he looked up from his phone and glanced at your outfit.

you quickly grabbed a basketball from near you and threw it at rodrick's head. your outfit wasn't even that revealing anyways.

"I mean, I can't have an... opinion?" his voice cracked, not knowing what to say to save his situation.

"it's not that bad..." he quietly spoke and you stayed silent, averting your gaze back to the sky.

"thanks" you mumbled quietly, even though you thought he didn't mean it.

"such a hottie" he smirked, watching you.

"I wanna rail you so bad~" he added, his voice cracking as you gave him a serious look.

you tried your best not to laugh at his embarrassed face, but you eventually let a chuckle softly escape your lips.

"you're so lame..." you spoke, chuckling, making rodrick laugh as well.

"but you still come to my house..." he chuckled, looking away.

"for Manny, obviously" you smiled softly, your eyes gazing at the sky.

"yeah... he gets to touch your b- he gets special treatment..." rodrick swiftly spoke, making your smile drop.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that" you said and he laughed at your annoyed expression.

"I'm not wrong" he cooed.

"but you're gross..." you cooed back, making rodrick burst out laughing.

your laughs caught Billy's attention and, as soon as he noticed the 'Löded Diper' van, he approached it.

"we don't even know each other, do we?" you mumbled softly, giving rodrick a gentle glance.

"well... I know you have no friends..." he said and you stayed quiet once again, awkward silence between you.

"not that it's bad... I mean... you have me" he quickly spoke.

"I have Billy." you talked over him, looking away.

"where did you even meet that guy??" Billy frowned as soon as he heard rodrick's words.

"he was asking about your band" you argued back.

"and you just fucking clicked??" rodrick moved closer and you sat up, fed up.

"yes, we did. what's your proble-" you tried to talk but he cut you off.

"THEN WHY CAN'T WE CLICK LIKE THAT??" he shouted, a deep silence following right after his burst.

you saw rodrick move his phone behind his back and he started 'secretly' audio recording.

"you want to be friends?" you spoke.

"well, sure..." rodrick suddenly acted chill, more confident and dominant in the conversation.

"oh..." you put on a fake sad expression.

come on... say it. bUt I wAnT tO Be mORe tHan tHAt. I cAn'T LiVe wItHou-

"sure..." you cut rodrick's thoughts short, giving him a soft, innocent smile.

"so you... wouldn't want to be anything more?" he said as confidently as he could, gripping his phone behind his back.

"that's gross..." a serious, disgusted expression appeared evidently on your face.

"you don't have a crush on me?!?" he was rather surprised by your reaction, the surprise evident in his voice.

"don't make me throw up... now stop recording this you dumb fuck" you gave an obvious glance at his phone, his eyes widening.

"o-of course you didn't... I knew that... I was just testing you..." he awkwardly spoke and you saw his phone fall from his hand.

"I KNEW IT" Billy shouted and fell in the back of the van from the door, where he was eavesdropping this whole time.

"Chris said you'd set her up!" he got up, looking upset.

"shut up, why would he even tell you that??" rodrick talked back, his eyebrows furrowed.

"you what??" you turned to rodrick and he gave you an apologetic look.

"you thought she liked you and you wanted to embarrass her!" Billy spoke again, pointing to rodrick.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP" he stood up, lightly pushing Billy away.

"WHAT THE FUCK RODRICK??" you shouted back.

rodrick looked down, slightly stepping back and you stood up. you turned to Billy and gripped his shirt's collar tightly.

"and you didn't tell me ANYTHING??" you spoke, clearly upset.

you sighed and stormed out of the van, rodrick rushing after you.

"y/n..." he mumbled reaching for your wrist.

you walked away, your boots clicking on the hard concrete, a few raindrops falling on the top of your head. the sound of light rain followed you home, your body shivering under the cold night's breeze.