23

rodrick shot a glance at you, noticing your droopy eyes and relaxed posture. your head melted on his shoulder, near the crook of his neck, music still playing through your earphones.

"do you want to go home?" he murmured near your ear.

"no... not really" you spoke.

you couldn't imagine going back to hell after the relaxing walk with rodrick.

you turned the volume down as rodrick's fingers slowly slipped through your hair, gently stroking it.

you leaned on his shoulder, breathing in his scent as you enjoyed the dark, quiet scenery. you both relaxed under each other's touch, silence flooding the place.

"let's go..." you took your head off his shoulder and sat up, your arms hugging your tummy.

"my place?" he kept his arm around your shoulder and shot you a smile, watching you nod.

you hurriedly got in rodrick's van, hopping in your seat and adjusting your hair.

rodrick followed you and started the car, dropping his phone and your earbuds on your lap.

you drove home slower that usual, catching yourself often staring at rodrick as he focused on the empty road.

you checked the time to make sure it was late enough for your parents to be asleep, noticing a few new messages.

you ignored them and put your phone down as rodrick parked the van, nudging you to get out.

he led you in his house, making sure to be quiet. you closed the door behind you and took your shoes off, looking around the dark hall.

"I'll take the couch" you took your jacket off and shot rodrick a reassuring smile.

"you know... there might be a bed in my room" he smirked.

"oh, is there?" you chuckled and rodrick's smirk only got wider.

"wanna hang?" he nudged your side.

you only chuckled in response, making your way to his bedroom. he quickly followed you and tossed some dirty clothes aside with his feet, making a path to the bed.

"you fucking liar, your bed is a twin" you chuckled and hit rodrick's head as he was puffing up his pillows.

"that's your only problem?" he smirked.

you sat down on his bed and fixed the pillows closer to you.

"well, did you take a shower?" you snarkily commented, earning a chuckle from rodrick.

he laid next to you and you smiled, laying down as well. you moved to your side, facing the wall and rodrick turned off the lights, pulling the blanket over you.

--- 2.47am ---

rodrick felt your hair brush his cheeks, slowly opened his eyes and noticed how close you've gotten.

he hesitantly, slowly leaned his head on yours from behind, nuzzling your hair.

you carefully curled up, reassuring rodrick as he slipped his hand around your waist.

your body shivered in surprise, relaxing as you both cuddled closer, rodrick gently spooning you.

"are you awake?" you whispered.

you felt rodrick's breathing hitch on your nape before he started snoring softly, trying to convince you he was sleeping.

you sighed and played with his fingers that were pressed on your tummy.

rodrick's grip around your waist tightened in surprise and soon the two insomniacs fell asleep, closer than ever.

--- 1.32pm ---

"rodrick, it's almost noon" you heard a knock on the door, slowly opening your eyes.

rodrick's arm was still tightly hooked around you, spooning you close and nuzzling deep in your hair.

"rodrick... your mum" you shook his hand off your waist, only for him to grip you harder.

rodrick let out a hum and the door opened slowly. you quickly closed your eyes and relaxed your body, pretending to be asleep as well.

Mrs heffley stayed quiet, shocked. she quickly walked out and shut the door, rushing to the kitchen.

you let out a soft sigh and turned your body to face rodrick's. his hands relaxed on your waist, his head falling on your neck.

you moved his messy hair away from his face, admiring his peaceful expression and softer features.

"rodrick... wake up" you poked his cheek, snapping out of it.

"fuck off..." he groaned.

a soft chuckle escaped your lips before he kissed your cheek sleepily. his lips lazily brushed down your cheek near yours and he tightened his grip around you like an earned prize.

you checked the time and sat up, rodrick's hands slipping off your waist, resting lifelessly on your lap and lower back.

rodrick's droopy eyes followed as you stood up. before you could stretch your arms, he sat up and pulled you back on the bed harshly.

your body plopped next to his and he immediately took your phone out of your hands.

"what was that yesterday?" you leaned back on the bedframe, watching rodrick sleepily rub his face.

"what was what?" rodrick stretched his arms and yawned.

you stayed silent and let him process the situation. soon his eyes grew wide and he started looking around frantically, avoiding your face.

"rodrick..." you sat up on your knees in front of him, catching his attention.

his eyes locked with yours, your gaze soft on his. he let out a sigh, his upper body leaning towards you.

you stayed quiet, the looks he shot between your eyes and lips saying everything he never would. you sat comfortably on his knees, tilting your weight towards him.

his cheeks grew warm as his hands reached for you, not knowing if he should cup your cheeks or hips.

you softly smiled at his puzzled expression, taking his cheeks in your hands.

"lunch must be ready... I'll stay over a bit more" you spoke softly and rodrick nodded in response.

"then we can uh... hang?" he smirked.

you only chuckled and got up, fixing your outfit. his gaze followed you to the door before you turned to face him.

"by the way, your mum saw you spooning me" you chuckled when he shot up from the bed, following you out.

"your fault" he pushed you to the kitchen.

"I know you were awake, rodrick" you kissed his cheek and walked to his mum that was setting the table.