11

"please let me have some... we have beans at home" he whined and gave you his corniest puppy eyes.

you quietly nodded, pinning a piece of the chicken on your fork. you brought it up to rodrick for him to take the fork, turning your head to look at your phone.

"you texted me-" you turned back to rodrick, only to find him eating from the fork you were still holding.

you felt your cheeks start to warm up as you slipped the fork away from his mouth, watching his lips move as he slowly chewed on the chicken.

"nice chicken tits..." he quietly said, trying to break the awkward silence between you.

you blankly watched him for a few seconds before chuckling softly, a quick smirk appearing on his face.

"idiot..." you looked away, picking at your food.

the two of you stayed silent as you ate your food, rodrick opening his mouth every now and then for you to give him chicken.

you were almost done with your food when you saw rodrick open his mouth again.

you grabbed some salad with your fingertips and shoved it in his mouth, only for rodrick to bite your fingers.

you groaned, rodrick's eyes widening at the little blood on your fingertip.

"fucking shark teeth" you got up and rushed to the bathroom, rodrick following behind you, apologies flooding his mind.

he stayed silent, giving you a warm apologetic look and you reached for the band-aid kit your mom always had on the top of the shelf.

you saw rodrick's hand grab it before you could and gave him a confused look, watching him look through the different bandages.

you watched patiently as he skipped all the plain, normal bandages, giving you a small smirk before picking up one of the cartoon themed ones you bought for your sister.

"it matches with your pajamas" he mumbled, wrapping the hello kitty band-aid around your small cut.

you looked away, your heart melting at the sight. you looked down at your fitted top and baggy pajama pants with a hello kitty pattern all over them, your gaze softening.

"can't even eat my food in peace..." you mumbled to yourself, watching rodrick place a tiny peck on your fingertip.

"no you can't" he spoke and put the band-aid kit away.

you sighed, looking at your nicely wrapped finger and glanced at rodrick who was staring at your pajamas.

rodrick reached his hand, his fingers gently lifting the hem of your shirt. you quickly pulled it down and looked at him, your wide eyes meeting his.

"I thought it was a hickey or... or something..." he stuttered, silence feeling the room.

"who the fuck do you think would give me hickeys??" you burst, embarrassed.

"I..." he bit his bottom lip nervously, not knowing what to say.

"you...??" your impatience was evident in your voice and you could swear you saw rodrick's face flush a light red.

"not me!" he argued, quick to misunderstand your words.

you let out a heavy sigh, rubbing the bridge of your nose out of frustration. you walked out of the bathroom, walking to your room and rodrick quietly followed you.

"I'll come for the tutoring lesson... I just need to take my medication first" you spoke, looking for your antibiotics.

"medicine for what?" rodrick sat on the edge of your bed, watching you patiently.

you sniffled, swallowing the painkillers for your crazy headache.

"you're cold?" he spoke, a hint of worry and confusion in his voice.

you nodded your head, taking a seat on your bed. you pulled your laptop on your lap and opened it, rodrick watching you.

"did you bring your books?" your eyes scanned around the room, looking for rodrick's school bag.

rodrick stays silent, looking around, a dumbfounded look on his face.

"no..." his voice sounded low, a sigh escaping your lips.

you laid your head on the bed frame and looked up at your ceiling. you started feeling dizzy, praying something would break the loud silence flooding your mind.

"I'm back, sleepyhead" rodrick's voice rang in your ears.

you sat up and watched him put his books down on your lap, giving you a hesitant smile.

you sniffled, rubbing your eyes, feeling tears left on your hands. tears that you hadn't noticed, but he had, hence the strange look on his face.

neither of you spoke. you started going through his books, brushing off whatever happened earlier, feeling rodrick's gaze every time you murmured notes to yourself.

---

rodrick's phone was heard ringing into the deep silence, snapping you out of your thoughts. you looked at the time, only then noticing how late it was.

"I know mum..." you heard rodrick speak, his voice low, tired.

he gave you an apologetic look, your eyes meeting for a second before you got up, grabbing his books.

he places his hand on the pile of chemistry books you were holding, stopping you.

"the project has to be done by the end of the month" he turned to you as soon as he hang up.

"but it's late..." you watched his hands grip the books you were holding.

"I need to finish this project" he sighed, pulling his books away from your hands.

you took a deep breath and sat on your bed across from him, scanning his sleepy moves.

"we have time... go to sleep." you strictly said, earning no reaction from rodrick.

"but I'm going to fail again.." he whined, a hint of fear evident in his eyes.

you reached out your hand to pat his shoulder, thinking about how corny your next words would sound.

"you're not... I'm here." you mumbled, cringing at your own words when rodrick let out a sigh, turning his gaze to his lap.

"I'm going to fail... I always do" he spoke, your heart aching at his state.

"don't say that... chemistry isn't that bad" you gave him a weak, reassuring smile, taking your hand off of his shoulder.