22

you woke up and checked your phone, forcing your eyes open. 14.27 your eyes shot to the time before you sat up, stretching your limbs.

"why did I agree to go out anyway? it's probably some party..." you mumbled under your breath as you walked to the bathroom.

you brushed your teeth and washed your face, occasionally yawning. you opened the conversation between you and rodrick to make sure you could take your time and headed downstairs.

"morning..." your dad spoke and headed to the bathroom.

"y/n how do you sleep so much?" Avi came up to you, her hair put up into little pigtails.

"why wouldn't I?" you chuckled at your sister's hair bouncing around and walked to the fridge.

"no breakfast. we're having lunch in a bit" your mum spoke. she was in a far better mood than yesterday, so you decided to tell her your plans.

"oh, mum, I'm going for a walk with rodrick today" you watched her nod and glance at you.

"if you want to stay there, ask us first. and his parents." her tone a bit more strict, you sighed and sat on the table.

"well, can I?" your voice was nicer than ever, desperate to convince her.

it's not like you were sure you'd stay over again, but you wouldn't want to get yelled at again.

"ask your father" she shrugged it off and started making the table.

"what?" you dad walked out of the bathroom and you gave him the corniest smile ever.

"can I stay over at heffley's?" you spoke, the wide smile never leaving your lips.

"as in, rodrick heffley?" your dad's smirk made your smile drop, knowing exactly what he meant.

"no. dad. stop it" your voice suddenly turned serious and your dad ruffled your hair firmly, making you flinch.

"sure you can go sleepover" be smirked wider and your mum let out a quiet scoff.

---

you got ready and stepped outside, waiting for rodrick to appear. after he approached you, you both started walking down the sidewalk, leaving his van behind.

 after he approached you, you both started walking down the sidewalk, leaving his van behind

he was wearing a black t-shirt and his eyeliner was smudged all over his eyes. you could smell his sandalwood scent from miles away, although you got used to how strong it is by now.

"so?" rodrick spoke after a while.

"sorry, I zoned out" you admitted.

you took a look around as you head a faint chuckle escape rodrick's lips. trees started surrounding you as rodrick pulled you to a bench inside the little forest.

you sighed and smiled softly at the foggy clouds surrounding the almost full moon, overflowed by excitement.

"I thought you'd like this... right?" rodrick broke the comfortable silence and you nodded in response.

"I love it..." you spoke and flashed rodrick a smile, watching him return the favor.

cute you both thought, turning your heads back to the night sky.

you felt rodrick move closer, almost like leaning towards you and you let your head fall on his shoulder.

both your eyes still pinned on the moon, rodrick glanced at you and you felt his lips gently press on your temple.

a smile crept on your lips. you could feel rodrick's uneven breath still near your temple as his head rested on yours.

you glanced at your hands that were almost touching before looking up at rodrick.

a smile was plastered across his face, although for a moment he might've though he shouldn't be so close.

your hand reached for your second earbud, your faces inches away. you leaned up, your lips now parted as if you're focused on something important.

you knew exactly what you were doing.

rodrick's arm slipped behind your shoulder, his gaze falling to your lips for a moment.

"The Perfect Girl" played softly as you gently hooked the earbud to his ear.

surrounded by silence, the smell of rodrick's cologne matched the woody tones of the small forest.

you felt your cheeks grow warm when rodrick planted a tender peck on your lips. he pulled away hesitantly, his lips tugging yours along as if he wanted more.

you suppressed a smile as he turned his gaze back to the moon, your head falling on his shoulder again.

his lips remained stuck into a corny grin, a faint blush noticable all over his face and his fingers fiddling with your hair behind your back.