♡MC x Lucio - Enemies to Friends to Lovers♡

MC always took their work seriously. They were straightforward and professional, always ready to get straight down to business. Lucio is very childish, a partier and absolutely reckless, acting without a care in the world.

As one of the royal guards, MC found themselves often trailing behind the Count's messes and scandals, often making citizens angry and aggressive. His carefree attitude and reckless habits only made more hard work for MC and the two would often but heads. The irresponsibility and immaturity drove MC mad with fury and disdain.

On the other hand, Lucio despised how stuck up and serious MC always was. He wished they would just relax and have some fun. He couldn't fire them, however, because they did excellent work keeping him safe from angry mobs.

It began with petty remarks and snide comments that soon grew into quite the obvious feud and resentment, to the point where everyone in Vesuvia could tell just by looking at the pair.

This went on for a little over a year with MC under Lucio's employ.

Then one day after a particularly reckless stunt and MC's remark about how Lucio needed to be careful with his public standing and safety, he snapped.

"You know, you're so stuck up and serious all of the time. There is a huge stick up your ass and I'd love to remove it for you."

MC whirled around, absolutely floored by his statement. 

"I am the only one keeping you safe from the consequences of your reckless actions! I am the one who has to keep you safe from all of your ridiculous screw-ups. You are so terribly and utterly childish, selfish and incompetent. Grow up!"

And with that, they stormed out of the room.

For weeks there was no communication between the two, MC had found another guard to take their place while they cooled down.

Lucio found himself missing the banter and MC's witty remarks.

MC on the other hand was reflecting, wondering if they really did need to loosen up, frustrated for even considering his words.

One day, they pass each other in the corridor and simultaneously, they break the silence.

"You're right. I need to grow up a little more,"

"Maybe I do need to loosen up a bit,"

Taking MC's advice, Lucio began to clean up his act. He stopped being reckless and antagonizing citizens with his careless actions, and found that a lot more people actually began to like him.

MC, on the other hand, found that letting loose every now and again, and not being such a workaholic lead to a more fun and fulfilling lifestyle.

With time, they began to see eye to eye more often than not. They were able to share their opinions without an argument.

Slowly but surely, they became friends, hanging out, sharing drinks, and going on little adventures at Lucio's whimsy.

Another year passed and this blossoming friendship turned into something no one expected.

It was in the way he stared at them as they stood guard on public outings, keeping the crowds at bay. The way he would only get timid from a passing remark made by MC. How he changed something so fundamental about his character just for their approval.

Nadia was the first to notice. Her relationship with Lucio was loveless, purely for business in her eyes, so when she noticed the Count's reactions to MC, she was surprised but not at all hurt.

"You're in love with them," She stated simply, the two of them alone at dinner.

Lucio nearly spat out his drink.