♢Kid!MC x Julian - Thief!♢

Heya, hi there, how's it going? This is the second instalment of the Kid!MC requests by SammyToon

Also, just for the sake of simplicity, Julian has his own place, considering that I can't remember ever actually knowing where he lives in Vesuvia (bc Mazelinka's house isn't *really* his house is it?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The city was alive with the morning hustle and bustle of the market. The sun was shining, the streets were crowded with shoppers. There were about 101 different aromas wafting through the air. Things were good.

At one particular stall stood a man, 6' 4" in height with curly red hair that stood up all over the place. He was standing not 4 feet from the counter where his food was laying. He busied himself with putting away the change from his purchase. The vendor was tending to a second customer. Neither man saw it coming.

A small figure darted by in the gap between the man and the counter. They were gone as soon as they came. He had only seen them in his periphery. But when he moved to take his lobster claws from the counter, he noticed that they were no longer there.

He looked up, scanning the crowd for the quick-moving figure. His eyes darted between people, searching for the same HC hair, and the unique little package of seafood they must have.

His eyes landed on a small figure with HC hair, carrying his distinctly marked package of food.

"You there! In the (colour) (clothing item)! Come back here, those are mine!" He shouted as he began to give chase to the child who was now fleeing the scene.

The child slips away before he could reach them. He pauses to scan the crowd once more.

It was then that he was approached by two palace guards who overheard his words.

"Dr Devorak! We heard you call for someone to stop. What is the matter?" The guards inquire.

"That person, the short one with HC hair wearing (clothes). They stole my lobster claws off the counter. They took off that way," Julian said, pointing in the general direction the little thief ran off.

Without another word, all three men continued in that direction, pursuing the young child with the lobster claws.

As he reached a slight clearing, Julian spotted the child who had stopped to catch their breath. As Julian approached quietly, trying to be inconspicuous, the thief spotted them and began to run again.

Julian was right behind them as they fled, weaving in and out of stalls and side streets expertly, knowing the market like the back of their hand.

After a few more tight twists and turns, the child looked over their shoulder. Julian was nowhere in sight. In his place, however, were the two palace guards.

They rounded a final corner and ducked into a clothing shop with several scarves hanging down from the top of the stall, fluttering gently in the morning breeze. They watched the silhouettes of the guards disappear from behind the thin veils of scarves.

They let out a sigh and looked about them. The vendor wasn't in sight. Reluctant to steal another item, the child pulled a large tunic over their head and wrapped a scarf around their head and shoulders. They tucked the seafood package in the tunic's pockets and casually slipped out from the stall. 

"It's just for a minute. I'll bring them right back when I'm sure no one's on the street back home," they muttered to themselves.

Once the child was a good distance from the market down an alleyway, they circled back to the clothing vendor to dump the tunic and scarf.