♡Valdemar x MC - Meeting the Main 6♡

Hey guys, gals and non-binary pals! This is another Valdemar-oriented chapter requested by Vegs47. Thank you so much for the request! This chapter is about how the Main 6 react to meeting Valdemar as MC's significant other for the first time.

Asra

When MC tells Asra that they are seeing Valdemar for the first time, Asra was a little confused and suspicious. He knew Valdemar from the Plague times, and his personal opinion of Valdemar wasn't exactly stellar. He, of course, wasn't going to tell MC that they couldn't see him, so instead just told them to be careful because their past wasn't exactly the kindest. When MC brought Valdemar to the shop for the first time, things were a bit tense and Asra mostly stayed out of Valdemar's way, but after a little while, he noticed that Valdemar wasn't being menacing or threatening and that MC was totally happy and rather cute. Valdemar was inquisitive to some of the things and MC was more than happy to explain and even demonstrate some stuff. Asra decided that if MC was happy, then he would be happy for them too - it didn't seem as if Valdemar was causing any problems, so why should he?

Julian: 

When he found out, Julian was more than a little apprehensive. Valdemar did, after all, lock him up in the dungeon. They weren't exactly the kindest boss. MC knew this, of course, and was very understanding of Julian's negative reaction. As MC's close friend, he didn't want to disapprove of their relationship, but he also couldn't just make himself be happy. MC was respectful of Julian's opinions. After he resumed working as the palace physician, Julian noted how Valdemar was a bit more pleasant all around. They weren't so threatening, they weren't as mean or demanding and they seemed all-around happier. Julian also noticed similar positive changes with MC. One evening, Julian and MC were sitting on a rooftop late, chatting. "They really make you happy?" he asked. "Yeah, they do," MC replied. "Ok," Julian said. "I'm glad they make you happy. You seem to bring out the best in them." After that, Julian slowly started to warm up to the idea of them in a relationship. The first time MC brought Valdemar along as a date, it was Julian and Asra and MC and Valdemar at the Rowdy Raven. Things went smoothly, albeit a little stiff, but that was soon resolved with enough alcohol. They weren't ever besties, but Julian did get along a little better with Valdemar after that.

Nadia: 

When she first heard the news, Nadia was a little shocked. She didn't think Valdemar capable of love. And she didn't think that it would ever be MC who loved them back. Then again, she knew MC to be the most friendly and kind person, so if anyone was going to be able to love them, it would of course be MC. Nadia was never one to stick her nose where it didn't belong, and she didn't pry into MC's affairs, but she did include Valdemar when she invited MC for dinner, and as much as she was cautious of them, she tried to include them for MC's sake. That was her first meeting with them as a couple. Dinner was a little awkward, but MC kept a fun/bubbly disposition. Nadia asked a few questions and tried to include Valdemar as much as possible. She wanted MC to know that she respected their decisions no matter what because she knew that MC could handle themselves. By the end of the evening, it was still a little tense, but when the dinners became more regular, the air cleared and seeing MC accompanied by Valdemar became normal. 

Portia: 

As the sweet woman she is, Portia tried her hardest to be happy for them. Despite her thoughts of Valdemar as a weird and slightly crazy person, she saw how the two were happy together. And she knew that MC was more than capable of handling themselves. Plus, she'd always be there for them if something were to happen. Like Nadia, Portia also invited Valdemar over for dinners with MC. The first time, Portia tried to be as sweet as possible. She talked to Valdemar just as she would with MC, trying to make things feel as natural as possible. She put aside the things she knew about them from work for MC. And it wasn't long until she ended up adjusting (although, when MC had gotten up from the table that first night to use the washroom, Portia pointed her knife at Valdemar, looked them straight in the eyes and told them if they ever hurt MC, she would personally have his head, before resuming a cheerful demeanour as MC returned).

Muriel: 

MC told Muriel as soon as they got together. As MC's best friend, MC wanted to make sure that Muriel would be the first to know. He was definitely against it at first, and he told MC his concerns. MC understood, but gently let him know that they had genuine feelings for Valdemar. It was a long time before MC officially introduced Valdemar as their SO to Muriel. It was outside of Vesuvia, where no one else was around so Muriel would be more comfortable. The interactions were minimal. Muriel already didn't like people, and he already didn't like Valdemar, and even though they had been together for some time now, it still made him uncomfortable. MC had brought a picnic lunch out for everyone to enjoy. Muriel stared down Valdemar the whole time. MC only left the two alone for a moment while they went to fill up the water canteen. While they were gone, Valdemar only said one thing. "I won't hurt them,". While Muriel was never friendly to Valdemar, over time (a long time), he saw that Valdemar was true to their word and that MC was content with their relationship. He also partially felt as though MC was going to stop being his friend because he didn't like Valdemar, or because they would get too caught up in their relationship to make time for him. But again, after some time, he realized that MC still spent plenty of time with him and that they treasured his friendship too deeply to ever discard him for an SO.

Lucio: 

The first time he found out was also the first time MC physically introduced Valdemar to Lucio as their SO. This was all during the plague before either MC or Lucio were infected. Both working on a cure for the plague, they both answered to Lucio as the count. On the particular day in question, MC and Valdemar had been working away in the dungeon together before their lunch break. Valdemar had to first drop off a current report of the situation to Count Lucio before lunch, so MC offered to make the trip with them. Valdemar agreed and the pair made their way up to Lucio's study to give him the report. When they knocked and entered, Lucio was shocked to see MC in the doorway as well, but Valdemar had begun explaining the report in brief and MC stayed back in the doorway waiting for them to be finished. As they were leaving, Lucio asked why MC was there and Valdemar simply stated that they were on their way to a lunch date and that was that. They left before Lucio could really process or respond. He was left befuddled and shocked. He never really took Valdemar for the romantic type, but he wasn't gonna judge. Seeing as he knew MC a little from when they first started working at the palace, he also didn't really think that Valdemar would be MC's type, but hey, to each their own I guess (although he totally thought that you could do better, with him, for example).