♢Kid!MC X Lucio - Don't Worry, I've Got You♢

This is the next instalment in the 6 part request from SammyToon <3

P1 = parent one

P2 = parent two

I tried to keep the parents genderneutral for your MC.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Count Lucio was a powerful man. He was adored only by himself and a select few people close to him. The rest of the world feared him and showered him with praise and affection out of terror for what he might do to them.

Count Lucio was a rich man. As the Count of Vesuvia, he had many riches at his disposal. It was his richness that caused a certain family to seek his financial aid when their child was born.

After Lucio's actions had flooded the shopping district where the family made their profit, they fell into poverty. They had no other choice but to come to him for money. They had a baby on the way.

When the family came to Lucio, they fell to their knees and grovelled. They begged him for aid, just until they could rebuild their business and provide for themselves again.

They pleaded, trying to play to his narcissism.

"Oh benevolent Count Lucio, we seek your most wonderful aid. We are an impoverished couple with a baby on the way. We are in need of generous help only you can provide, great Count of Vesuvia. Please, we beg of you; help us care for our child. We would repay you in full when we regain our business,"

Ego inflated by their sweet-talk, Lucio could only see himself as the hero to this poor family. They would come to talk about how wonderful he was, how benevolent he was, how charitable he was.

He agreed to help the family by giving them a generous sum of money, having them sign a contract to pay him back in full in 5 years time.

TIME SKIP 5 YEARS

The marketplace stall was quiet. A few customers came in here and there, but it was a relatively slow day.

Both merchants of the stall stood at the register, counting coins, their faces plagued with stress and anxiety.

The owners of this particular stall were none other than the couple that once asked Count Lucio for financial aid and the collection date was today.

They were worried. The last five years had not been kind to their business. They had few customers, and their little child, now 4 years old whom they had to care for. The fact of the matter was that the money made was hardly enough for two people, let alone three. They loved their child, but they knew that they could never hope to provide them with a good life. They would always be poor. They could never afford anything but the bare minimum.

They had only half of the promised amount to give to the Count when he surely came to collect his debt. They knew not what to do.

"Ma!/Da! Look what I found!" Came a sweet little voice.

The parents looked up to see their little child running towards them carrying a kitten, not much smaller than the child themselves.

They laughed, bewildered at their child's ability to catch a stray, and at the joy on their face.

"I found him behind the tent! Can we keep him? Please, please, please?" The child begged, hugging the kitten tightly to their arms.

The parents looked between them, unsure of how to respond. They had no extra money for a cat. 

Before they could come to a decision, the clatter of hooves on the stone and the whinnying of horses frightened the kitten so much that he jumped from MC's arms and ran off.