♡ Julian x Female!MC - Oh Baby ♡

Just a little note before we begin: This chapter is marked as Female!MC, but that doesn't mean MC can't be he or they either, it just means they are genetically female, regardless of gender or pronouns. That's all, please enjoy! :)

The shop was calm. The calming scent of lavender incense wafted through the building and a few jasmine candles flickered here and there.

The window was open and a gentle breeze rustled the curtains and the windchimes hung there.

Asra was upstairs cleaning. MC was on the lower level, re-stocking the shelves of candles and incense. 

Usually, MC would have been bright and cheery, a smile on their face as they hummed to themselves. Today, however, was a little bit different.

MC had woken up unusually irritable. They rolled out of bed tired and grouchy, not at all happy to be awake. Their actions were tense and harsher than normal. They were not their usual gentle selves.

The bell rang, signalling the entrance of a customer. MC turned around to be met with one tall and lanky doctor.

"I'm home," Julian said with a grin, his arms outstretched in a dramatic fashion. Malak flew in and perched himself on the counter, giving a single caw to announce himself.

"Hey," MC said turning back to their work.

Julian was taken aback. His brow furrowed in confusion and the smile fell from his lips.

"Just 'Hey'?" He said in a playful manner, trying to joke around.

"Just hey," MC confirmed, not bothering to look back at their significant other.

"I know I had to leave suddenly, and I know I was gone for a few days, but a patient is a patient. I couldn't just refuse to help them, not when they were so close by," Julian said, his voice softer and lower in tone.

"It's not that," MC replied.

"Then what's wrong, dear? You're usually so happy and chipper. Are you feeling alright, MC?" Julian questioned, stepping to the side to get a better look at MC's face.

"I'm fine, Julian," MC said with a cold sharpness in their voice. 

A moment passed and MC sighed.

"I'm sorry, Julian. I didn't mean to snap at you. I've been a little stressed lately, that's all," MC began as they turned to face the red-head. "I'm glad you're home, though; I miss you when you're not home,"

Julian's gaze was still worried; he didn't think MC was solely stressed. It then dawned on him that it was getting close to MC's usual time of the month. Thinking that their stress was coming from their cycle, Julian's mind was put to rest.

Julian opened his arms and moved to embrace MC in a hug, however, when he approached, Malak began cawing loudly and seemingly out of nowhere, Faust emerged, slithering around his chest and torso, squeezing his body.

"Hey! What's that for?!" Julian exclaimed, jumping back from MC. When he was an appropriate distance from the apprentice, Faust loosened her grip and Malak fell silent.

Every time Julian moved closer to MC, the two animals would begin to cause a ruckus, clearly opposing the embrace.

Julian began to wonder why the familiars were being so protective of MC. Being as dramatic as he is, his mind jumped to the worst-case scenarios: MC was dreadfully ill.

His brows knitted together in worry, Julian looked MC over, checking for any physical indication that they were ill.

"MC, are you sick? Is that why you're not feeling so well? You've been throwing up lately, maybe you're coming down with something, love" He asked.