♡Fae!MC x Asra - Merry Meet♡

Holy crap I am so sorry I haven't updated in ages!! Things have been super stressful and I haven't had time to do much lately. Sorry again.

Anyway, this is the third installment of the mythical creature series that was inspired by SammyToon's two requests.

I hope you like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

It all started with a customer.

Someone had come into the shop looking for a potion in which the ingredients included hawthorn and rowan, among other hard-to-come-by herbs in Vesuvia.

It was just Asra's luck that he was out of these such ingredients and needed to acquire more.

Knowing full well that the local apothecaries prices were far too steep for herbs (and because he was of the opinion that money is fake), Asra's only option was to source these items himself.

He pulled his scarf up around his neck and placed his feathered hat on his head before stepping out the door.

He put out the lantern on the door as he cast the protection charm on the shop.

The magician set out, planning to be away for at least a fortnight if things went smoothly. He was traveling far out to the North-West, across the sea, to the realm of Babblebrook, and more specifically, to the Penrithe Forest, South of Falkirke Farms and West of the Town of Harbington.

The trip to Babblebrook was quite pleasant, with nary a dull moment. Between eccentric travelers and a variety of fantastical creatures, Asra had no lack of interesting and fun experiences.

When he finally arrived in Harbington, he found himself in the middle of festival preparations. Light-hearted music of the fiddle and the flute danced through the air, carried in the wind. The entire town was setting up greenery and flowers of every kind imaginable. Chains of daisies were hung from lamp posts and shop awnings. Many children ran about, adorning fellow townspeople with flower crowns and some even donned green man masks made from leaves.

As he passed through the center square, Asra noticed that there were tall poles of wood, decorated with ribbons and wreaths. People danced around the pole, holding the bright ribbons as they went.

He also saw a tall wood tepee being put together, clearly for a large, townwide bonfire.

While lost in thought about the celebrations, Asra didn't notice a young girl approach him until he felt a soft tug on the hem of his shirt.

He looked down to see a little red-haired girl with her hair braided and tied up in ribbons. She had a smattering of freckles on her pale cheeks and she looked up at the magician with bright green eyes.

Without saying a word, she lifted a flower crown of daisies and daffodils up for Asra to see.

He took off his hat, knelt down on the cobblestone path, and let her place the crown on his head of fluffy white hair.

"Thank you, miss," He said with a warm smile. "Do you think you could tell me what everyone's preparing for today?"

The little girl gave him a puzzled look as she answered. "Why, today is the eve of Beltane, of course!" And with that, she ran off to join her friends who were handing out more flower crowns to any passerby who wasn't already wearing one.

"Beltane..." Asra repeated to himself.

He stood up again and looked about. Whatever this Beltane was, it certainly seemed like a joyous and lively celebration.