♡♤MC x Asra - A Whole New World♤♡

Ok this one is sad, ngl, low-key broke my heart to write it, but I had a whole idea and I wasn't gonna waste it.

Also, this is long so be prepared.

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was supposed to be an exciting day.

MC had been slaving over a new magical theory/experiment.

To get into the world of the Arcana, most magicians and magic practitioners would enter after a sort of meditative process. But after studying those mental gates, MC was determined to create a physical manifestation of their gate. 

Of course, since bringing your body with you was dangerous, the gate was designed to simply pull the mind from the body without any harm or concentration. The point was to manifest an arcane concept in the real world without tearing everything apart.

Throughout the entire process of researching, studying, and drafting, MC had Asra right by their side, gently encouraging MC's magical research, helping whenever they asked. After reading through the spell work to help make sure that it was indeed safe to cast without hurting anyone or destroying anything, Asra was totally on board with MC pursuing their magic through experimental development.

The day had finally arrived. MC had finished off the spell and the preparations. They had proofread the script, again and again, making sure they had it memorized to the core.

Asra and Faust stood off to the side, watching MC work intently as they prepared to open a physical gate between worlds.

MC took a few deep, calming breaths. They sat comfortably on a rug on the ground, eyes closed as they envisioned the gate they saw in the realm of the Arcana. They concentrated hard, collecting all of their magic power in their hands.

When they were ready, they began to recite the spell they had worked so hard to write in a steady tone, making sure not to stumble over their words. 

Asra read the script as he watched, to make sure that MC didn't miss anything, lest the spell go awry.

As they spoke, MC's iridescent aura shone brightly as their magic collected itself in their hands

A door began to faintly appear in ripples in the air in front of their outstretched hands.

It took a solid shape as the spell finished and the magic light dissipated softly.

When MC opened their eyes, they saw their gate's door. It was magnificent. It was exactly as it was in the realm of the Arcana.

Excited, they looked towards their partner of several years.

"Asra! I think I did it! I think I just created a physical gate!" MC exclaimed, leaping to their feet.

"I'm so proud of you!" Asra said back, beaming with joy.

He embraced MC in a tight hug of congratulations. He knew they would always achieve great magical feats.

"Now," MC said, swallowing hard. "To test it."

MC stood in front of the magnificent door, one hand gently pressed against the surface, the other gripping the handle, knuckles white with excitement and nerves.

"You've got this, MC," Asra reassured them. "I believe in you, my love".

MC looked back at their partner's violet eyes and soft smile. 

With renewed confidence, they exhaled and turned the handle, pushing inwards

They should've been met with a lush beach in gorgeous colours. They should've stepped onto soft sands. It should've been anything but what it was.