9

ೃ⁀➷

ೃ⁀➷

"This is a most unusual pair," Verr Goldet commented on the sudden addition of a cyan haired boy in the group.

"We're project partners!" (Y/N) waved.

"Oh, I see..." The lady behind the counter nodded slowly, "Good luck with your project."

The group of three headed towards the staircase that connect the lobby to their dorms.

"Ah, that's right! (Y/N), Before I forget..." Chongyun suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"...?"

(Y/N) and Zhongli watched as he took his handphone from his bag.

"Let's add each others' numbers so we can keep each other u-up to date for our project...!"

His grin was a bit strange.

"Oh, right! Sure then, give me your phone."

Placing his phone into (Y/N)'s hands, she swiftly entered her number into his contact list, "I'll send you a message containing all the info that we got from Li Xin after dinner."

"Um, sure..."

"I'll have to head back to my room now. You both don't stay up too late with your work," Zhongli waved farewell.

"Y-Yeah! I'd better get back early too...Xingqiu probably set up some sort of trap at the door again..." The cyan haired male shivered.

"Goodbye, then, you two..." (Y/N) waved both her friends goodbye.

The sort of feeling one has when eventually everyone leaves your side, even if it's just for a short while...

"Why can't I feel it, still?"

ೃ⁀➷

What does a typical teenager do once they return home?

"...2 missed calls?"

They whip out their phone immediately.

"It's from Xiangling's number..."

Speaking of which, she doesn't seem to be greeting (Y/N) with a plate of dinner like usual.

"A voice message," (Y/N) clicked on the button that prompted the audio recording to play.

"Hello, this is Xiangling! I couldn't call you, so I'm leaving a voice message,"