15

ೃ⁀➷

ೃ⁀➷

"What happened to you?"

In a hospital room, one girl rested, as two boys sat on both sides of the bed. One of them glared at the other, purely there to make sure nothing bad happens.

"She got stabbed." The blue haired boy answered for her.

"...By who?" Xiao asked. Impending doom was present.

"I...don't know if you'd like to know." Chongyun frowned, contemplating whether or not he should tell the other boy.

...God knows what will happen if he knows.

"Ganyu." (Y/N) simply answered, staring at the ceiling, "Your cousin."

But she said it anyway.

There was a short moment of silence in the room, where the only sounds that could be heard was the ticking of the clock.

Until Xiao finally spoke again, with a conflicted expression.

"You...You're lying. You're lying to me." Slowly, that conflicted expression morphed into a frown, "Why would you lie to me?"

"Lying? Tell me why you'd think she would even lie about this. I was a witness!" Chongyun clenched his fist.

"Ganyu is currently staying at our local police station." (Y/N) said, "You can go there and see for yourself."

"No. No..." Xiao looked at the ground.

And yet another silence consumed the atmosphere. This time, one could hear the carefree chirps of the birds outside instead.

"This is awkward..." The cyan haired boy muttered.

"I don't know what awkwardness feels like." (Y/N) said, "I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing."

"Uh...Nevermind about it." Chongyun attempted to fill the dead air, "How are you feeling now?"

"Emotionally or physically?" The (H/C) haired girl asked.

"Uh, both. I'm your friend, I care about you, you know?"

"Emotionally, boredom. Physically, pain. It's not fun getting stabbed in the chest, I'm lucky I'm still alive." (Y/N) blankly stared at the ceiling as she spoke.

Xiao continued to stay silent throughout this whole conversation.

"Um...How is Xiao feeling, then? Knowing that Ganyu has repeated your actions." Chongyun asked.

"Shut up. Please." The dark haired boy scowled.

"I don't get why it's so difficult for people to understand a close person has done something bad." (Y/N) said.

"Shh, he's clearly mad!" Chongyun whispered, "Do you have a death wish?!"

"Stab me all you want. It won't change the fact that someone has done something wrong." (Y/N) sighed.

"This..." Xiao clutched his head, "Why...?!"

And yet another silence. Be prepared, there might be more.

This time, one could hear the soft sniffles of a boy in denial of the fact one of the nicest people he knows has hurt one of the people he likes most.

"..."

Ticking, chirping, and crying. This happens in a hospital more often than you'd know. (Y/N)'s room was no different. It was just a bit weirder.

"What kind of person do you think Ganyu is?" The (H/C) girl asked.

There wasn't any response at first. Only more sniffles, before Xiao finally voiced out a sentence.

"S-She was...very nice to me."

"We all know that. Ganyu is the kindest person in the second year. Probably the whole of Liyue's department!" Chongyun nodded.

"I wouldn't say that when Zhongli exists, but carry on." (Y/N) mumbled quietly.

"I remember one time I found an injured bird. The bird avoided my touch, but was able to warm up to Ganyu." Xiao closed his eyes and sighed, "In the end, she cared for the bird so much as if it were her child."

"So to hear that she could've ever have stabbed someone must be hard. I can't believe I'm sympathizing with you now." Chongyun shook his head.

"(Y/N) is a nice person too. I just won't believe something like this would ever happen." Xiao just couldn't help but frown.

"I don't hate Ganyu. I don't hate her at all...But if you have doubts, you can always go to the police station and ask." (Y/N) said.

"Why don't you hate Ganyu? I'd assume everyone would hate someone who hurt them, even if it's just a tiny bit." Chongyun said, "Even I dislike Ganyu a bit, after what happened."

(Y/N) ignored the question, "...Xiao. Do you hate Ganyu?"

"I-I'm still having doubts."

"You- You'd think we'd say it was Hu Tao who stabbed her or something if we were lying, because that would actually be believable!" Chongyun abruptly stop up from his seat.

"Chill out, Chongyun. Your pure Yang energy." (Y/N) reminded.

"...Just leave and go to the police if you don't believe it, like we've been saying." He sat back down in frustration.

"I-I..." Xiao looked away, "Fine. Goodbye."

The hospital visit ended with a sorrowful full-stop. And with the next destination of the place he had just left.

And with the click of the door, Xiao left.

"That guy..." Chongyun furrowed his eyebrows, "...brings chaos everywhere he goes, it seems."

"Do you feel scared of him?" (Y/N) asked.

"Of course! This is a boy who unhesitatingly stabbed another person, and shows little to no signs of remorse." The blue haired boy clicked his tongue, "What I don't get is why you're not worrying."

"I don't know why. I wish I did." The (H/C) haired girl answered, "I wish I had the answer for many things, in fact. Like the answer to why Ganyu would attack me."

"I'm sure this all has to do with that weird psychologist. If she didn't visit our department, then..." Chongyun let out a sigh, "I was right, wasn't I?"

"Liyue really is filled with psychopaths."

ೃ⁀➷