Side Ch: Curious Killing Game (2)

...

Reminder: This chapter has nothing to do with the main storyline whatsoever.

Note: Inspired by Danganronpa style survival game.

The side story begins some time after the first few chapters of the main story.

...

Slowly, Yoimiya pushed the now unlocked classroom door open.

"Let's get outta here, then!"

Just like students during regular day at school, they all exited the classroom like water through a funnel.

"Ahh, I felt so claustrophobic in there," Barbara let out a sigh of relief.

"The lack of a nice breeze is definitely something to resent," Kazuha nodded.

The students spread out into the hallway outside.

"This definitely looks like Teyvat High..." Chongyun said, "Why is this the venue for...whatever killing game they're putting us through?"

"I recognize these walls! This is the first floor of the Mondstadt building!" Bennett exclaimed.

Given that, students from other departments immediately thought to rely on the Mondstadt students to navigate their way through.

"No one else is here..." Barbara gazed down the corridors, "It feels so sad."

And it was just as she said.

There is no one else in this school, but the 15 students chosen for this killing game.

"What circumstances could have lead to this happening...?" Jean wondered.

"I assumed today is a weekend, where no students are supposed to be present at school," Albedo said.

"Where did they get the manpower to take us all here, and board up the windows so tightly?" Kokomi tapped her chin.

"T-They kidnapped us here, didn't they?" Bennett shivered, "My bad luck definitely is at play now..."

"...The other classroom doors are locked," Xiao forcefully tried to turn the knobs, but to no avail.

"Then, what do we do now...?" Yoimiya asked.

"The announcer told us to go to the cafeteria, correct?" Eula asked.

"Let's go. Make sure everyone is with us, and no one is lost on the way, understood?" Jean said.

"Roger that, Jean!" Gorou saluted.

"I can make some snacks for us when we get there!" Xiangling grinned.

"..." Sayu quietly followed from the back, on the brink of dozing off again.

...

The 15 students made their way to the cafeteria.

A very lonely cafeteria...

"This is just making me feel even worse..." Barbara frowned sadly, "I've never seen the cafeteria empty and quiet before. It was always bustling with students."

"Well, a bit of music could surely liven this sad place up a bit, yeah?" Xinyan placed her hands on her hips.

Without the crowds of hungry students lining up for lunch, the cafeteria seemed much bigger.

"Is it weird that I'm feeling hungry now that we're here?" Bennett scratched his neck, laughing nervously.

"Nope, it's totally normal!" Xiangling smiled, "That's why, I'm gonna see what I can make and I'll cook up some nice food for you."