Side Ch: Curious Killing Game (4)

...

Reminder: This chapter has nothing to do with the main storyline whatsoever.

Note: Inspired by Danganronpa style survival game.

The side story begins some time after the first few chapters of the main story.

...

"School announcement commencing..."

The entire cafeteria fell into a silence...

"Ahem...Testing, 1, 2, 3..." The familiar voice of a girl sounded through the speakers.

"Already...?" Xinyan frowned.

"Good morning, my fellow students! Having a nice breakfast?" 'Kat' greeted.

"Not until you ruined it..." Sayu quietly mumbled.

"Um...Yes, we're enjoying Xiangling's cooking..." Barbara spoke into the microphone given to her yesterday.

"How nice!" Kat laughed, "I apologize in advance though, because I'm about to ruin it a bit."

"You already have!" Xinyan shouted, followed by a few nods of approval.

"Now, now...I personally haven't had my breakfast yet. So..." Kat smiled behind the speaker, "I intend on feeding off all of your regrets as the main course."

"...Huh...?" Xiao glanced up to the speakers.

"Which brings us to the main topic of today: Your Biggest Regrets!" Maple chimed in, "Nice transition, isn't it?"

"Wh- For what?" Kokomi kept a stern look on her face.

"I'm so surprised that no one wants to kill to go home yet (even though barely a day has passed and I am impatient), so in order to spice things up a bit, this will serve as a kind of motive!"

"How...?"

Kat crossed her arms, "It's simple, really. Here's the break-down:"

There was a really huge, and largely unnoticed and ignored screen at the back of the cafeteria that had never been there as far as anyone knew, but it hadn't been used for anything until now.

The giant screen suddenly lit up, causing every student in the room to look towards it.

"Alright! Do you see what's shown on the screen? It's a picture of each student that's here right now." Kat said, "Through some secret means, us Game Masters have collected tons of information on you guys. Hey, we probably know you more than you know yourself!"

"Can ya get to the point already?" Xinyan shouted in frustration.

"Okay, okay, calm down first! Anyway, thanks to Maple's amazing information gathering prowess, we know each and every one of your greatest regrets." Kat continued to explain in such an enthusiastic fashion, it was scary. As if it wasn't scary enough!

"So, in each of your dorm rooms, right now, there is a locked box that only you should know the password of. Take your best guesses, ladies and gentlemen!"

The giant screen then showed a graphic of the locked box the Game Master mentioned, of which had an animation of it slowly opening, revealing a small piece of paper inside.

"After figuring out the password and opening the box, you'll find a little note inside. This note contains the regret of a completely random student who is staying here along with you. Afterwards, well..." Kat paused for a bit, pondering about what to say next, "Well, do what you wish with that information!"