CHAPTER 8 :- BIRTHDAY

(A/N sorry for the grammatical errors.)

Izuku :- Doctor Octavius ?

Izuku was at the lab looking for Otto. He was going to ask him if he could come in a little late tomorrow as he was going to be with Momo tonight.

Izuku :- Doctor Octavius ? You there ?

Otto :- Ah Izuku. Come in, come in.

Izuku entered the room and saw otto working on the arms, which were now black tentacles which were yellow at the tip.

Izuku :- Hey Doc, I was wondering I
If I could come in a little late tomorrow ?

Otto :- Izuku, you're never on time. But sure. What's the occasion ?

Izuku :- It's Momo's birthday.

Otto :- Uhh sure. You should cherish your loved ones. You never know when you might lose them.

Izuku :- Yeah.

The door opened again and in came Mr. Yaoyurozu. He was surrounded by people who looked like movers.

Mr. Yaoyurozu :- Take everything.

The people with him started to take all of their equipments.

Izuku :- Hey, what do you think you're doing ?

The workers ignored them amd continued to take everything from them. They handled the equipments recklessly.

Otto :- That is senstive equipment. What the hell are you doing ?

Mr. Yaoyurozu :- I'm taking out the grant. You guys can continue working on your little science project but we will be taking your equipment.

Izuku :- Mr. Yayurozu, we just need to work in the neural web and the arms will be complete.

Mr. Yaoyurozu :- Be Quite.

Otto :- Watch how you speak to my employee, Yaoyurozu.

Mr. Yaoyurozu ignored him and went away. Otto took a seat at the table nearby.

Otto :- Izuku, I would suggest that you look for a new job because we might go out of business soon.

Izuku :- I'll cancel my plans with Momo. We can work on the arms and finish it by today.

Izuku took out his phone to call Momo but he stopped when Otto grabbed his hand.

Otto :- Don't. Go and spend time with her. You guys barely see each other. You two remind me of me and Rosie when we were younger. I spent too much time with my projects that she finally broke up with me. I don't want that to happen to you and Momo. Go Midoriya.

Izuku :- But Doc-

Otto :- Go. It'll be fine. I'll work on the tentacles today. You can work on the neural web tomorrow.

Izuku reluctantly exited the lab and went to get ready for Momo's birthday.

Timeskip :-

Momo was tired after today's work. Today was mostly paperwork. Right now, she just wanted to take a hot bath, have dinner with Izuku and sleep.

Momo unlocked her door. She tried to turn the lights on but they wouldn't. She then created a staff. As she entered the dining hall, she was surprised by Izuku screaming surprise.

Momo screamed and in suprise, used the staff to bonk Izuku in the head. Izuku lay on thd ground as the lights turned on and revealed her friends and teachers from UA.

Izuku :- Happy Birthday.

Izuku weakly wished Momo a happy birthday as she rushed to his side and the others wished her a happy birthday.

Timeskip :-

Momo was talking with her friends from Middle school and Uraraka.

Momo :- So, what's new with you guys ?

Friend 1 :- Nothing. My husband is still a accountant. Though we are trying to adopt a kid.

Momo :- That's great.

Uraraka :- But Momo, do you really want to be with that guy ? He's quirkless and poor.

Momo :- What's that supposed to mean ?

Uraraka :- I mean think about it. He doesn't contribute anything to your relationship.

Momo :- That's not true. Izuku insists on paying the bill but in the end we spilt the bill.

Friend :- There are better choices than him. What about Todoroki ? You guys dated in middle school. You could try him.

????? :- I'm very happy with my wife. And you three need to mind your business. Who Momo loves is none of your business.

The girls turned around amd standing infront of them was the No.3 hero, Shoto.

Shoto :- Get going.

Uraraka and the girls left Momo to talk with Shoto.

Momo :- Thanks.

Shoto :- No problem.

Momo :- So, how are Camie and Shoko ?

Shoto :- They are fine. Go.

Momo :- Excuse me ?

Shoto :- Go and be with your boyfriend. I can tell that you just wanted to spend sometime with him rather than attend this party. Go. I'll keep the others busy.

Momo went to the balcony to talk to Izuku. Izuku was standing on Momo's balcony with an ice pack on his head.

Momo :- Hey.

Izuku turned around to see Momo coming on the balcony.

Izuku :- Hey. What are you doing here ? shouldn't you be inside with the others celebrating ?

Momo :- I could ask you the same. What are you doing out here ?

Izuku :- I don't feel like I fit in there.

Izuku turned back and looked inside.

Izuku :- I know they involved me in the plan too but I just don't feel like I belong here. All of the people have quirks and are heroes. I'm just a freelancer and a assistant.

Momo :- Well, If I'm being honest I just wanted to relax with you at home. Maybe order some pizza and cake. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they have done for me but there is nothing better than being with you.

Momo leaned on Izuku's shoulder. Izuku kissed her forehead.

Izuku :- Right. I forgot to give you this. Now, I know you don't like to wear rings on your fingers, so I had a string attached to it.

Izuku took out a silver ring from his pocket. A brown string was attached to it. On the ring, the words, I❤️M was engraved.

Izuku :- It's a promise ring.

Izuku went behind Momo and helped her wear the locket.

Izuku :- Momo Yaoyurozu, I promise to be with you forever.

Momo :- I love it Izuku. Thank you.

Izuku and Momo kissed and Izuku hugged her from behind. Unbeknownst to the couple, Mina and Hagakure were taking photos of them.

Mina :- OMG. They are so cute together.

Hagakure :- I know right. Best couple of the century right there.

Mina :- You come up with a ship name for those two.

Hagakure :- Yeah. Izumomo.

Mina :- I love it.

Hagakure :- But there is one thing bugging me about that guy.

Mina :- What ? You don't think he is cheating on her.

Hagakure :- I doubt that. If he did he would never have gotten her a ring.

Mina :- Then what ?

Hagakure :- I feel like he is hiding something from her. Something big.

(To Be Continued.)