Car Seats

Charlie's POV:

'Are we all ready to go?' Lizzie asked.

'Go where?' I said now interested in their conversation.

'You silly goose. Have you not been listening to a word we said?' Scarly says. I sheepishly smile, and I just know my cheeks are going bright pink. I shel my head slowly.

They both laugh a little and Scarly picks me up.'it's alright. But we're going shopping to pick up some things for you and maybe some groceries too. If you're gonna be here, I think it's a good idea to get some clothes so you're not wearing the same thing everyday.'

I nod in agreement. She Carrie's me over to the door where all the shoes are and all of us put our shoes on before walking out to the car. Scarly opens the back door before stopping.

'I guess we didn't think about this part.' She thinks for a moment and I just stand next to her waiting.'hmm, ok, Charlie I'm gonna hold you in my lap and Lizzie's gonna drive. We don't have a car seat and you are way too tiny to sit on your own for twenty minutes.'

I nod, not minding the extra snuggles I get since I'll be in her lap. Scarly climbs into the back, and Lizzie puts me in her lap before shutting the door and getting in the driver's seat. Scarly goes to put the seatbelt over both of us but I turn around so our fronts are together now. She giggles a little at me before buckling us in.

'Comfy?' She asks me looking down as I look up at her while leaning my head against her chest.

'Vewy.' I say smiling and wrapping my small arms around her waist. She wraps her arms around me and Lizzie starts driving. I just snuggle into Scarly as we drive. I like the vibration I feel in chest when she hums or sings to some of the songs playing.

After about twenty minutes, we arrive at a shopping center and get out of the car. Scarly puts me down and I hold both of their hands as we walk into this huge store. It's filled with all sorts of stuff for little kids.

'Hi, can I help you look for anything?' This nice lady says walking up to us.

'Yeah, actually. We're just trying to find some things we might need for a four year old. Like a car seat, a booster seat for a table, and really anything else.' Lizzie tells her.

She takes us to some aisles in the store that have car seats.

'Is this your daughter?' The lady asks looking down at me. I get a little shy and hide behind Scarly.

Scarly laughs softly, 'Uh... Yeah, we just need something that'll keep her safe in the car.'

'Well, she looks pretty small so I'm gonna suggest we do a rear-facing seat. It's safer and recommended for kids until they upgrade to a booster seat.' She explains to Scarly and Lizzie, 'Here, why don't I pull down a few and she can try them to find which one is the most comfortable for her.'

Scarly and Lizzie tell her that's perfect and she pulls down five seats. Scarly puts me in the first one but it's too tight and I don't like it. Then I'm put into the next one and it's better but really hard. The one after that is nice but they said it was too big. The fourth one was just uncomfortable all over.

'Charlie, this is the last one, so we better hope it's perfect.' Lizzie says while putting me in it. It was black and gray and definitely comfy. I smiled up at Lizzie when she buckled me in and she kissed my forehead.

'I think this is the one!' Lizzie said happily. She tickled my stomach a little and I giggled. Then, she unbuckled me and put me back on the ground.