Necessities

Lizzie's POV:

The worker helping us told Scar and I that they would get one of the seats from the back and any other big items we picked out and put them up front for when we checked out.

After settling the car seat deal, we picked out a booster seat for the dining room table and it only took us two tries to find one Charlie liked. That was pretty much all we needed help with, since Charlie said she already liked the room she was staying in, how it was. We told the worker thank you, and grabbed a cart before heading to the dish-ware and utensils.

'Nugget, you wanna pick out some plates and bowls?' Scar asked her and she nodded. She took about ten minutes to find her plates and the matching bowls and utensil sets. Then we moved onto cups. Charlie seemed sorta over it at this point so scar and I picked out some regular cups that we thought worked with her other dinnerware as well as some silly cups since she was so small.

Scar was looking over at something before she came up to me.

'Hey, I think we should get a couple bottles since they seem to work for her.' She suggested. Agreed and we ended up picking out two cutes ones. We were about to walk away from the baby section, when I noticed Charlie kept eyeing the binkies.

( I never called them this so I don't know. I always called it my nuk or paci and on rare occasions my noonie)

I caught Scarlett's eye and pointed out Charlie and she realized what I was referring to. We had a silent conversation and ended up deciding that if she wanted them maybe it would make adjusting to a new place easier.

'Hey, Char, do you wanna pick out a paci?' Scar asked her, kneeling down to her level. She leaned into my leg holding onto it with one arm. She looked back at the wall of them before shaking her head at Scar.

'Are you sure?' Scar tried again. She looked at them again and then looked down and shook her head again unsure of I'm assuming how to say she did want to.

'Ok.' Scarlett grabbed her hand and walked her over to them before squatting down in front of her. Charlie wrapped her arms around Scarlett's neck while standing in front of her. She looked at them and then shook her head.

'Bubba, you don't have to be embarrassed. If you want them, you can pick some. How about this, what if we get them for bedtime and maybe when you need a nap. Does that sound good?' Scar questioned her. She slowly nodded.

'Ok, well these ones look like your size, so do you see any you like?' Scar said referencing a section of 18-36 month nuks. She shyly pointed to a pack of two and Scarlett smiled at her. 'I think those are perfect.'

Scarlett grabbed the pack and and extra set in the other color set and walked back over with Charlie. She put them in the cart and we grabbed a few other things like some books and a blanket before checking out.

A worker came out and installed the car seat into the backseat of our car and we put everything in the back, then drove across the street to the mall.

A/N: This was cute. Also, I'm now interested in what you called your paci when you were little. Sorry everything was supposed to be at the top but it didn't load earlier.