Mistake

Scarlett's POV:
As soon as I closed the door, I started panicking slightly. How could I be so stupid? Maybe she didn't notice. No. Why did I do that? As I was walking down the hallway, Liz came out of the kitchen and immediately stopped when she saw me.

'Liz, I made a mistake. I really messed up.' I said in a loud whisper. She rushed over to comfort me before speaking for herself.

'What did you do? Is she ok?' She said.

'No, she's fine. It took a bit to get her back to sleep but she's out now.' I reassured her.

'So, what happened?'

'Ok, so when I pulled her out of the car seat a dog barking woke her up and she freaked out. I tried calming her down but it wasn't working so I ended up giving her a nuk. She calmed down and I brought her inside. Then, in our room, I changed her and laid her down, but she wouldn't go back to bed no matter how tired she was. So, I sat with her and tried convincing her. That's where I accidentally, might have referred to you as 'mommy' before singing to her which put her back to sleep. Now, I'm here.' I explained.

'Hey, calm down. Did she notice?' Liz asked.

'I don't think so, but I'm not sure.' I told her.

'Ok, well then there's no reason to worry. If it's a problem we'll see when she wakes up. Maybe she'll forget or she doesn't mind.' Liz told me. She was right. I mean she is barely four. It can't be that bad. I smiled at her and we had a quick hug before meeting her mother and the twins in the kitchen.

'Hey guys. Sorry it took me so long, I couldn't find something in the car.' I made up feeling bad that I hadn't seen them in the ten minutes we'd been home.

'No, no. You're completely fine. We were just about to ask Liz something about you guys.' MK told me. Liz and I looked at each other concerned a little before looking around at everyone.

'What are you gonna ask?' Liz said cautiously.

Her mother sighed before starting.'Well, we were curious how your journey is going. I mean have you looked any recently.'

We looked at each other knowing exactly what she meant. It was no secret that Liz and I were desperate to find the little girl perfect for us. We always wanted to be mommies, but throughout the hundreds upon thousands of meetings with kids or those little meet and greet types things where we can walk around and talk to any of the d foster kids there, we've had no luck.

'Sorry, it's just, we know how excited you are, and we want you guys to find your little girl.' Lizzie's mother quickly apologized.

'Uh, no. We haven't really.' Liz said, not informing them any of the perfect little girl napping in our bed right now.

'That's too bad. I guess we saw some of the children's dish ware in the sink and thought maybe.' Ashley spoke. I mean she was right. Do we tell them? They're gonna find out when she wakes up. No. We'll wait til then.

'Yeah, just a little bit of babysitting, but we have a feeling we'll find her soon. I just know she's just a few walks away.' Liz said, smirking slightly at the literalness in her statement.

'I'm sure she is.' Her mother assured us. We ended up changing the conversation and made our way into the living room to sit on the couches.