Family

Charlie's POV:
I could hear the room go quiet and somehow feel all of the stares making their way towards us as everyone awaited Mama or Mommy to say something.

'What?' The lady questioned.

'Well, we are officially starting a family, as of tomorrow morning (I don't remember correct me if I'm wrong), this beautiful little girl will legally be Scarlett and I's daughter although to us she already is our baby.' Mommy said as she rubbed my back. I listened as a chorus of gasps and congratulations filled the room.

'So, everyone, we'd like to introduce the newest addition to our family, Charlie.!' Mama said while patting my bottom to keep me calm.

'Baby, can you say hi?' She asked me softly.

'Scared' I whispered against her neck.

'That's ok, love, just wave and show your pretty face.' She reassured me. I lifted my head resting my cheek against hers as I gripped around her neck tighter with one arm and gently waved with the other. I received a chorus of coos and endearments in response as I moved my arm back to wrap around Mama's neck and turned my head around resting my chin on her shoulder.

'Sorry, she's a little shy.' Mommy explained while rubbing my back. Some questions and other comments were made towards Mama and mommy but I couldn't seem to hear any of them clearly as I just melted into Mama's hold and zoned out a little.

After what seemed to be plenty of questions being answered I was carried around as Mama and Mommy introduced me to everyone. I learned that Mommy has another sister and a two brothers but her father and his wife were busy so they couldn't make it. None of Mommy's siblings have kids except her brother Jake and his wife Hailey they've got three kids Jack 12, Ella 10, and Gracie 6.

I also met Mama's parents and they were really nice. Her daddy's funny but I think she called him Papa. Now I have a MiMi and PopPop too. Mama says that's what all of the grandchildren call them.

I got to meet Mama's twin, Hunter but they look nothing alike. But Mama has a sister and two brothers. Her sister Vanessa has a daughter, Fenan 14 and she seemed pretty cool. Her brother Christian and his wife Beth have three kids; Sam 13, Abby 7, and Mason 5. And her brother Adrian and his wife Sarah have two kids; Riley 9 and Carter 7. So I guess I've got a pretty big family now which is kinda cool.

I just stayed in Mama's arms as she walked around catching up with different family members, she checked on me a couple of times but I continued savoring her cuddles as she talked. Before I knew it I was sitting in mommy's lap as we ate. Mama had tried sitting me in between them but 1 I was too small and 2 I refused to sit in the booster so evidently mommy decided to just hold me as it would make more room around the table.

Mama had ordered me a chocolate milk as I was fed bites from mommy's food. I didn't mind and the chicken and mashed potatoes was really yummy. But I can't say I was a fan of the brussel sprouts as mommy called them. Those were yucky, but everyone thought it was funny when I couldn't swallow it and mommy had to hold a napkin for me to spit it out in.

After a bit, I was full and leaned back into mommy while drinking my chocolate milk.

'All done, baby? Is your tummy full?' She asked me.

'Uh huh.' Was all I said.

'Ok, love. You did really well.' She praised me as she continued eating.

Once everyone was finished, they continued their conversations.

A/N: see I told you guys I was writing it. It's now 3:30 in the morning and while I should probably be asleep as I preach healthy habits to my readers I continue to forget about myself. Also I'm kinda in the swing of things with a burst of motivation for this book and if I go to bed it'll be ruined. Anyways I know you guys are awaiting the first mommy and I promise it's coming soon. I love you all forever and always. Feel free to message me. I get bored really easily while on break so I am completely open to talking about whatever, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you in the next one.
Oh forgot to mention that all of the children  and family situations are made up for the sake of the book. I'm not so mean as to not give Charlie some cousins.
Love,
EJ <3

(Not proof read, as always)