Oh no

Scarlett's POV:
I look down to see Charlie fast asleep. She looked exhausted but I just assumed it was from being out most of the day.

'Hey, Liz, what time is it?' I spoke up.

'Uh, almost five. Why?'she looked back at me through the mirror.

'I think someone was way overdue for a nap. She looks exhausted.' I said while rubbing my thumb across Charlie's hand that held tight onto my pointer finger.

'Well, we should keep that in mind for tomorrow.' She responded. 'Hey, we're almost back. Do you wanna carry her in and lay her on the couch while I get the bags?'

'I can just put her down and then help you. There's way too many for you to carry them all in.' I told her.

'No, I can do it. I'll just put some of the smaller bags in the bigger ones.' She explained.

'Ok, but I think I'm gonna change her into something new, since she's been wearing this outfit for at least two days.' I told her.

'That's fine, just grab something from behind you.'she suggested. I turned around, reaching over the seat, and pulled something from the first bag I could find. I ended up with a pair of sweatpants and a shirt. I sat them in my lap and faced forward again.

I looked down to see Charlie searching for my hand in her sleep. And it was an adorable sight to say the least. I placed my hand back on her stomach where it was and she quickly found it before holding onto my thumb with both of her small hands. I smiled looking at her sleeping peacefully.

'You really love her, don't you?' I looked up to see Lizzie smiling at us through the mirror.

I looked back at Charlie.'Yeah, I really do. I mean how could I not?'

I looked up again briefly, as we turned into our neighborhood. We live in a fairly secure neighborhood. It isn't gated, but the outskirts of it are blocked in by bush screening and it's really safe. How Charlie ran enough to get to our house, I'm not really surprised if she's been inside before. There's several different entrances/exits and she could have easily come been trying to pass through.

'Oh shit!' Is what caught my attention bringing my eyes away from Charlie.

'What?' I asked Lizzie.

'My mom and the twins are here.' Lizzie said sounding distressed.

I immediately looked out the window and sure enough the three of them were talking outside of the car they came in.

'What? Why are they here?' I said bringing my attention back to her.

'Oh, we're so stupid. How could we forget? We were supposed to meet here for a bit and then head to dinner tonight.' Lizzie said.

'Oh no.' I added thinking about what was happening tonight.

'What?' Liz questioned.

'We're meeting my family there.'