Calling

Charlie's POV:
I lay my head on Mama's shoulder as she walks into the other room. I start to realize she's going back to where Mo-Lizzie and the other ladies were. I quickly whined a little bit not wanting to be around the scary ladies again.

'Shh, baby. Mama just has to get her phone so we can call Sophie. We'll be quick.' Mama reassures me.

I give up on protesting, knowing there's no way I'll win, especially if she's carrying me. We walk in and I can hear Mama say we have to make a quick call which immediately made mo-Lizzie question who. I feel her setting me down and as much as I want to fight it, I'm too unbothered to try.

Mama kneels down to look at me,'Baby, go grab Mama's phone from my purse over there.'

She tells me and I nod before walking to the bag beside the sofa and finding her phone. As I'm dealing with that, I can slightly hear Mama explaining everything to m-Lizzie. I walk back over to her and she goes to pick me up after taking her phone but I move for a minute and she gives me a confused look. I think. I climb onto the couch with a little help from m-Lizzie, and hug her.

'Aww, thank you, lovey. But what's this for?' She asks me.

I pull away and look at her, 'I miss you and wan'ed a hug.'I tell her and she smiles.

I pucker my lips and she gives me a quick peck before kissing me on the nose which makes me giggle. I turn to Mama and reach for her. She shakes her head smiling, before picking me up and carrying me to the other room. We enter what looks like an office or library and she sets me on her lap as she sits at the desk. I watch as she clicks on a number on her phone before it starts ringing.

'Hello?'I hear Sophie say.

'Hi, Sophie. It's Scarlett. I, well more so a certain little girl, wanted to call and ask you a question.' Mama says.

'Oh, is that right?' Sophie asks and Mama hums in response, 'Well then, Hi ,Munchkin! What's your question for me?'

'Hi, Sopie!' I giggle calling her the name I always do since words are hard.

'What do you wanna ask me, munchkin?' She happily replies.

'You come 'morrow?' I ask.

'Yeah, we had a little conversation earlier and apparently miss Charlie girl can't wait five days. We all decided it would be best if she officially became a part of the family l, so we were gonna call to see if you could bring the papers when you come. However, this little miss has made it very clear that she can't wait for Liz and I to be her mommies. We decided that if you can come, tomorrow works for us, and we would love to make everything official as soon as possible.' Mama explains.

'Wow, that's amazing. I can stop by tomorrow afternoon right after lunch. Now, for the papers, as soon as you called me and told me what happened, I had a good feeling, so I looked at everything this morning and you and your wife seem like the perfect couple. So, I will print the papers, and after you sign them I'll send them to the judge. As of tomorrow afternoon, Charlie will officially have a last name and two amazing mommies.' Sophie said.

Yay! I'm gonna have two mommies!

'I'm sorry, does she not have a last name?' Mama suddenly asked.

'Unfortunately not. She was put into the system right after birth and unlike most kids who entered like her, she never picked up a last name. As sad as it is, it does mean you won't have to sign any other papers to change her last name. She'll be Charlie Olsen-Johansson or Johansson-Olsen or whatever you choose. I guess I should mention that you can pick a middle name for her as well. Of course that is if you want.' Sophie explains.

'Oh, wow. Well, I'll talk to Liz and we'll inform you of her name when we sign. Thank you so much for this! Really, Sophie, you have no idea how amazing and easy this process has been.' Mama adds.

'Of course. I have to go. Maybe we'll have another call sometime. If you ever wanna adopt again you can always call me.' Sophie laughs.

Mama laughs too, 'I don't know about that. We really only dreamed of having one little girl and unless she says otherwise it'll probably stay like that. Although, I don't think she's too keen on sharing her mommies so. But I'm sure we'll talk again for other things.'

'No! My mommies!' I whine. I'm definitely not sharing.

'Yes, babygirl. We're your mommies. I'm your Mama. Only yours.' Mama says while kissing my pout away.

I snuggle into her chest, 'My Mama.'

I feel her giggle as she says goodbye to Sophie and hangs up. She hugs me close.

'Let's go tell Lizzie. And you can meet your Grammy and aunties too!' She says while standing up with me in her arms. She walks out of the room and back to the living room while I just stay cuddled into her.

My Mama.

A/N: Ok, I know I haven't posted in a bit but I hope this compensated for that. This chapter is a lot longer then I intended and then most of the chapters will be. But enjoy. I didn't proofread and if you've read my other book you know I never do.
Love,
EJ