Colin's Daughter

Might start a new book because I have writers block on everything I ever wanted right now, but let me know if you wanna read this because it's a little easier for me right now. And I have several ideas for it. I just don't want to start anything if no one wants to read it. But the update for this book should be up soon.
—————————————————
Concept: Scarlett and your dad, Colin have been dating for a while but you've been too scared to meet her since all the other ladies he's dated including your mom have left.

Age: 5
Rose's Age: 7

Name( it makes it easier to write, but feel free to call her whatever): Carter
—————————————————
Carter's POV:
Sometimes I really hate dad. I mean he's a good guy, a great one even, but he's to good at getting me to do things I don't wanna do.

Right now, we're in the car headed to his new girlfriend's house. Well I shouldn't say new, they've been dating for a while now, almost a year I think. I've never actually met her, but that was my choice. For the past eleven months of their relationship I have refused to meet her. I just can't.

Normally I'd meet his girlfriend shortly after they started dating sometimes it was even days, but this time I finally said no and never seemed to stop. That's one thing I still liked about my dad. He always gave me a choice. Until today that is, he played the whole 'Do it for me. It would make me the happiest man in the whole world.' card. If he knew anything, like he does, he knows I'm a sucker for the 'doing it for my daddy' thing.

This time was slightly different though. He never seemed to stop talking about how incredible she is and how sure he is he's found the one. But I'm not too sure, he's been in 'love' several times before and they never seem to workout.

Which brings me to why I don't want to meet her. Every time I meet the girl, she's really nice, and I see her more often, then I get attached, and then they leave. I can't help but wonder if they go because they're not interested in being a mother or really just because it didn't work with dad.

But dad keeps claiming this one's different as if he hasn't said that before. He's told me numerous times how she has a daughter too and she's older than me but that we'd get along great. It is kinda nice knowing she's probably a good mommy, especially with how he describes her treatment of her daughter.

Throughout the ride, I think dad was a little annoyed because I kept trying to make excuses to go home or for him to drop me off at Mimi's or even Uncle Casey's. He just kept laughing and saying everything would go fine and that I'd probably love them.

I was pulled from my thoughts and all the horrible excuses I was coming up with completely faded, when we stopped in a driveway. I couldn't see everything, but it was a pretty, white house with a big driveway and a two car garage.

I couldn't help the big lump of curiosity that was forming in me. As much as I didn't want to be here, well really I'd rather be anywhere else, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little curious. I was staring through the front of the car when I felt dad unbuckling my car seat and pulling me onto his hip.

I looked around noticing we were in a cute neighborhood while he closed my door and headed to the trunk of the car. The houses around were nice and the area looked family friendly. I saw a couple walking a cute doggy and a couple kids riding their bikes. Dad finished grabbing his bag from the car and closed the trunk before walking to the front steps of the house.

I turned my attention to the house we would be going into and noticed a couple chairs on the front porch and a welcome mat at the door. I could feel the nerves making their way back to me and the panic bubbling in my chest. Dad set me down and kneeled down to me.