16. George Harrison- Remember Me

"Why do we always come and sit here on this day?" Your 7-year-old daughter April asked, as the three of you sat near a tree. His favorite tree.

"To honor and remember your father." 

She glanced at the wreath before looking back at you. 

"What was he like? Daddy?" Your 5-year-old son, Luke, joined the conversation and asked. 

"He was the most talented, funniest and loving person I've ever met. And he loved you both with every fiber of his being." You pulled them into a hug, lightly kissing the top of their heads. 

Looking at your kids, it made you smile. They both looked very much like their dad, especially Luke, who was practically George's twin. 

Glancing up into the sky, looking at the clouds, Luke continued. "Tell us a story about Daddy." 

"Yeah! A funny one!" April encouraged. 

"Well, okay... let's see..." You began to think about a goof and funny story to tell the kids. Something age-appropriate, of course. 

-

You groaned in pain as you mentally timed your contractions. They were closer together, and lasted longer. And your water just managed to break, meaning it was time to get to the hospital.

From the kitchen, you headed to the living room, catching George's attention. 

"Are ye alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. My water just casually broke. No biggie." You joked, but George was suddenly not in a laughing mood. 

"W-What did ye say?" His eyes trailed down to the liquid that was still running down your leg. 

"Holy-" He quickly jumped up, running to the bedroom. "I have to get the bag! I need to be ready!" He said, putting everything he could possibly think of into the baby bag and rushing out the door. He placed, or threw, the bag into the car and started it, quickly driving off. 

You stood by the door and watched him drive off into the street, and you began to laugh, ignoring the current state you were in. 

Even though your laugh wasn't loud, he had managed to hear it, which made him turn his head towards the house, and he saw you there. 

"Sh*t!" He quickly made a turn and drove to the driveway and parked. "I'm so sorry!" He got out of the car and helped you in. 

"It's a lot harder to go to the hospital to witness your first child being born without your wife or the baby being at the hospital, you know." After a couple of seconds, the panic died down as you both began to laugh at the situation. 

-

Your kid's laughter brought you back into reality, and you began to laugh with them. 

"Daddy is so silly." Luka said, holding his stomach from the laughter. 

"Yeah, he is." 

"And that's when I was born, right?" April asked, and you nodded in response. "Yeah. Thanks to daddy, I almost had you on the living room floor instead." She giggled.

"I also remember when I couldn't sleep because I was scared and Daddy would sing me to sleep." April added, drawing Luke's and your attention to her. 

"Really?" Luke asked with such wonder in his eyes. 

April nodded proudly. 

-

"Daddy?" April whimpered softly, and she opened the door to her parent's room. 

She made her way straight to her father, shaking his shoulder slightly and causing him to stir awake. 

"Mmh?" His voice groggy, heavy and raspy. His eyes landed on the small girl next to him and he used every ounce of energy he had in him to sit up. He quickly glanced at the clock next to him that read "2:00 AM".

"I can't sleep, Daddy. I'm scared."

"Of what, love?" He pulled her up into the bed and onto his lap. 

"I think there's a monster in my closet and I'm scared." She nuzzled her face into his neck, and he hugged her. He hadn't noticed that she had begun to cry, and he kissed her forehead."

"It's okay. Monsters don't like big, scary daddies that play music." 

"Really?" She sniffled, wiping her tears and possibly boogers onto his shirt. 

"Yeah, come on. I'll show ye." Even though he was physically going through a lot of pain, he got up anyway, and grabbed his guitar and walked with his daughter back to her room. 

He sat down next to her bed, and grabbed his guitar. "Let's see if the monster wants to stay after I play my guitar." He looked towards the closet and tried his best to growl ferociously, which made April laugh as she did the same thing. 

He sweetly began to play and sing a soft lullaby, and April smiled as she watched her dad play. 

And before she knew it, she began to feel tired again.

When he finished, he got up and kissed her forehead. 

"Is the monster gone?" She asked, her eyes looking towards the closet. 

"Let's check." He walked over to the closet, turned on the light and looked around in it. 

"I think it worked. I don't see 'im." 

"Yay." She cheered softly, too tired to do anything else. 

George turned off the light and closed her closet door fully. 

"Now, ye can rest peacefully without any monsters."

She smiled as she pulled her dad into a hug. "Thank you, daddy."

"You're welcome, princess. Now get some sleep." She suddenly didn't want to let go. 

"Can you stay with me? Just in case he come back?" Her voice began to fill with worry. 

"He won't be back, love. I scared 'im off."

"Please?" She asked once more, looking at him with pleading eyes. 

"Okay." He sat down in the rocking chair next to her bed and held her close to his chest, and his arms wrapped around her protectively. He grabbed a blanket from her bed and wrapped the two of them up in it. 

"Goodnight, love." He kissed her head.

"Goodnight, daddy." She whispered, before falling asleep in his arms. 

-

"That's how that happened!" You said. All you remember was waking up without him, and you became worried, until you found them snuggled up together in April's room. 

"Yeah. And the monster never came back. Daddy always made sure."

"Wow." Luke looked quite astonished. "He chased off the monsters? He was really strong!" Luke stood up, flexing his not-so-developed muscles, which made you and April laugh. 

"I want to be like Daddy when I grow up." Luke said as he sat back down. 

"I want you to be yourself when you grow up, love. But don't forget your daddy. Ever. Okay?" 

They both nodded as they cuddled into you at your sides. 

THE END!

We love and miss you so much, George <3. Take care, love.

P.S: I'm starting to notice how wholesome, yet sad my writing can be sometimes XD. I love it.