2. John Lennon- Mistakes and Regrets

This one might be a little sad, so hold on to your hats.

The banging of the gavel made you wince as you felt tears build up in your eyes. It was done. John had legally divorced you, but you won custody over your 3 kids with him. You didn't want to leave him, but he told you that he was in love with Yoko and wanted her instead. You didn't see why or how, but you decided to leave it alone. You watched as John took Yoko's hand and left the courtroom with her, not taking one look at you, and it broke your heart.

John moved out of the house you shared. He decided to let you keep it, and bought an apartment with Yoko. You missed him, but it was his decision, and you were sad to see him go like that. When you got home, you sat down on the couch in your living room with your 6, 4, and 3 year old children. Your oldest, Jackie, knew what happened. She was very smart, so when you tried to hide it from her, she already knew what was going on. Your youngest 2, Adam and JJ, were completely oblivious to what was going on for obvious reasons.

"Mommy, when is daddy coming back home?" Adam, who was 4, asked. You looked down at him and gave him a smile. "Daddy's coming back soon..." You said, trying to convince yourself that he would come back as well, but you also knew that it was over between you two.

A few months later, the doorbell rang as you were playing some games with your kids. You got up and ran to the doorbell, and your heart dropped when you saw who it was. "John.... and Yoko." Yoko gave you a small, seemingly fake smile. "Hey Y/N, I came to pick up the kids to take them out..." Your eyes widened. "John, you can't just come to my house and take my kids. You need to let me know prior." "You mean, our kids. They are my kids just as much as they are yours." He said, smiling as he felt proud of his answer.

"Daddy!" Jackie and Adam said, running over to him and hugging him. He hugged them back and smiled. "I missed you guys so much!" The kids dragged him inside and Yoko followed, and they sat down. You closed the door and sighed, looking at John. "Can I talk to you in private?" He got up and followed you into the kitchen.

"You can't just decide to walk back into their lives now, just for you to leave again. They don't deserve that." John leaned against the counter and smiled. "You know, you're gorgeous when you're angry." He said smiling at you. "John, this is serious! And your w-w... wife is in the other room!" You said, still a bit shaken up about the fact that you're no longer his wife. "I am being serious! You do look gorgeous! I do miss you and the kids, so you'll be seeing me a lot more." "John, you can't just stroll in here and automatically just squeeze you and your new wife into our lives. You left us." You said crossing your arms and he frowned. "You're right... But I'll still come over every now and again to check up on you and the kids." He said and pulled you into a hug and he kissed your forehead. You were going to fight it, and instead, hugged him back.

You and your kids waved at him as he left, and he waved back, but Yoko grabbed his hand and pulled him away. You went back to taking care of your kids. Overtime, he did come by once a week, but he was getting skinnier and appeared older as he continued to come over. And not only was his appearance changing, he started to come over less and less. "What is Yoko doing to him?" You thought, but then you felt bad for assuming it was Yoko's fault.

After a month and a half of not seeing John, you began to grow worried. You sat on the couch and watched tv to calm down your nerves. "John Lennon has been shot dead in New York this evening." Your eyes widened and you called Paul, George and Ringo to confirm, in which they did. You fell to the floor and began to cry softly, since the kids were sleeping. How were you going to tell them that their father was gone? You continued to cry for the rest of the night, and you weren't able to get any sleep.

Jackie and Adam walked into the kitchen and said their good mornings. "Jackie... Adam... we have to talk..." You said, as you handed them their breakfast as you looked down. "Daddy's gone..." "Where did he go?" Adam asked, and Jackie waited for your answer. "Uh... um... he went away. And he won't be coming back..." You said, biting your lip harshly, and your heart dropped when they frowned and Adam began to cry. "Daddy doesn't love us anymore..." He said, and Jackie agreed as she began to cry also. "No! No! Daddy loves you very much! It's just... he can't come back... you will understand when you two and your little brother get older." You said and you pulled them into a hug.

A few weeks later, at the reading of the will, Yoko stared at you and your kids. "Is she casting a spell or something on us?" You thought and laughed softly to yourself. You were honestly just trying to cheer yourself up. That's all you could do since the funeral. "John has decided to leave his estate and money all to his ex-wife, Y/N, and his children Jackie, Adam and JJ Lennon." Your eyes widened, and you held your kids close to you, but Yoko seemed more than upset. After the reading of the will, you quickly left to escape the wrath of Yoko, and you went home to rest with your kids. As you were sitting in your room, you found a letter in your dresser from John. You read it, and it made you cry.

The letter talked about how much he missed you, and it was a mistake to leave you and the kids. He wanted you back, and even if he couldn't have you back, he wants you in his life. He said, "I love you so much, and don't ever forget that." It made you realize that even though he loved someone else, he still deeply and truly still in love with you. And you loved him too. And you knew that since you were never really able to move on from him. But you will. But John will always be the love of your love. And you will miss him.

THE END! I hope you enjoyed!