Part 3

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to earth." Rhodey said.

We looked on the screen, photos of everyone who died were up.

"World governments are in pieces." Nat said, "The parts that are still working... are trying to take census and it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out 50 precent of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked looking at me.

"We don't know." Steve said. "He just opened a portal and walked through."

Tony sighed and looked at Thor who sat in a different room, "What's wrong with him?"

"He's pissed. He think he failed." Rocket said. "Which of course he did but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

"Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a build-A-Bear."

"Maybe I am."

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans... and satellites and we got nothing." Steve said.

"Maybe because we got nothing to find." I said and they all looked at me. "Maybe he's dead."

"He's not dead." Nat said.

"I'm tired of going over this again and again. You relize that half of us aren't here, right? I'm sorry but I can't do this conversation again."

"Tony, you fought him." Steve continued, ignoring my comments.

"Who told you that?" He said sharply, "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker street magician gave away the stone. That's what happened. There was no fight, because he's not beatable."

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?"

I got up from my chair and walked to the corner of the room and sat on the floor.

Tony sputtered and looked at Carol, "I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus." Steve said.

"And I needed you." He said, "As in, past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late, buddy. Sorry. You know what I need? I need a shave." He stood up from his wheelchair. "And I believe I remember telling all youse..." he tried to take out the infusion.

"Tony, Tony!" Rhodey tried to stop him but he took it out.

"Alive and otherwise, that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not. That's what we needed."

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?" Steve said.

"I said we'd lose. You said, we'll do that together, too. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact?" Rhodey held his body, "We're the Avengers. We're the Avengers not the pre-vengers. Right?"

"Okay. You made your point. Just sit down, okay?"

"Okay. No, no, here's my point. You know what? She's great by the way." He pointed at Carol

"Tony, you're sick. Sit down."

"We need you. You're new blood." He got away from Rhodey's hold on him and walked towards Steve, "Bunch of tired old myules. I got nothing for you, Cap. I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust, liar." He took out the arc reactor and put it in Steve's hand. "Here, take this. You find him, you put that on, you hide." He fell on the floor in weakness. "I'm fine. Let me..." he dropped on the floor unconscious.

I got up and walked out of the room to the living room.