Part 15

"Lils! Where are you?!" I yelled walking upstairs.

"In here!" I heard her from the room.

"Hey kiddo. What are you doing?"

"Just playing around."

Steve walked on my side. "You know I got something." He said.

"Oh yeah? What did you got?" She looked at him.

He pulled out his shield and Lily smiled. "Is that the one you told me about?"

"Oh yeah. The original one. Tony gave it back to me. What make me think about something..."

"Lils we need to talk." I said and she looked up at me. "We're gonna take you to stay with Morgan and Pepper for a while."

"Why?"

"Well, because... we, unm, we have some work to do and we have to go away for a while."

"What work?"

"Avengers work, sweetie." Steve said.

"But why can't I stay here?"

"Because there's no one to keep an eye on you."

"But..."

"Lily, we're not going to discuss it." Steve said, "you need someone to watch you and Pepper can do it. You're gonna have a friend with you. Pack a bag we're leaving in ten minutes." He walked out.

"Mommy, please. I wanna stay with you."

"Lils, you heard what we said. It's only for a few days. Everything is gonna be alright."

We pulled outside their house, Pepper and Morgan outside on the porch.

I kneel down in front of Lily. "We're gonna see you in a few days, okay?"

"Both of you?" She asked quietly.

"Yes, of course. Why do you ask that?"

"I don't know. Because he's Captain America."

"But he's also your dad. Lils, we're both gonna be back in a week. I promise." She hugged me. "I promise, baby."

She hugged Steve and then walked inside with Morgan, smiling.

"Please tell me I didn't just lie to her."

"You didn't. We're gonna be fine."