Part 18

Scott, Steve, Tony, Hulk and I landed in New York, 2012.

"All right. We all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

We looked behind Steve and saw 2012 Hulk smashing a car on one of Loki's creators.

We looked back on out Hulk who looked embarrassed.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Hulk replied.

"Ready, Soph?" Tony asked me.

I nodded looking at Steve. "We're fine, right?"

"Totally fine." Steve replied. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Tony grabbed me and we flew in the air into the Avengers towel, who used to be Stark towel, quietly.

We walked gently behind the wall and watched our 2012 selves talking with Loki.

Tony scoffed, "Mr. Rogers, I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." He said.

I chuckled by his side and looked at 2012 Steve.

"No one asked you to look." Steve replied in our ear.

"No, no, he's right." I said. "How did you make me fall in love with you, again?" I asked sarcastically.

"You're funny."

"I think you look great, Cap." Scott said. I forgot he was hanging on my arm. "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass."

"He does have a great ass." I said in agreement.

The elevator on our side beeps and we ran to disappear.

"Who are these guys?" Scott asked.

"They are SHIELD." Tony answer. "Well, actually HYDRA, but we didn't know that yet."

"I pushed that man off the roof once. It was fun." I added.

"Seriously? You didn't know?" Scott asked surprised. "I mean, they look like bad guys."

"You're small, but you're talking loud. Be quiet." I said.

The team started walking away. "Ooh, you're up buddy. There's our stone." Tony said before flicking Scott off my shoulder and he landed on 2012 Tony's hand.

"Steve, the scepter is headed to the lobby." I said.

"Just passing the 80th floor." Tony added.

"On it. Head to the lobby."

"All right, see you there."

Tony got dressed as a SQUAD TEAM while I waited quietly in the corner.

"Thumbelina, do you copy? I've got eyes on the prize. It is go time." Tony said.

"Bombs away." Scott replied. "I'm going inside you... now."

Alexander Pierce started talking to 2012 Tony and Thor and tried to take Loki and the suitcase.

"Move it, Scott." I said.

"You promise me you won't die?" Scott asked.

"We're only giving me a mild cardiac dysthymia." Tony said.

"That doesn't sound mild."

SHIELD agents and Pierce started putting hands on 2012 Tony. "Do it, Lang!" Tony said. "Window's closing pull my pin."