Part 12

We sat in a diner in front of Banner as the hulk. "Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here. And this little girl." He smiled at Lily.

"I'm so confused." Scott said.

"These are confusing times."

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant."

"Nah, I get it. I'm kidding! I know it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now."

"Do they even make shirts so big?" I asked and Lily laughed.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse to me. Cause I lost twice. First Hulk lost, then Banner lost, and then we all lost."

"No one blamed you, Bruce." Nat said.

"I did. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then, I start looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now, look at me. Best of the both worlds." He said proud of himself.

Three kids walked towards him, "Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?"

"Yes."

"Can we get a photo?" I looked at Steve who looked uncomfortable with the situation and I smiled.

"100 percent, little person. Do you mind?" He asked Scott.

"Oh yeah, yeah." Scott took the phone out of the Hulk's hands.

"Say Green." They smiled and Scott took the photo while Lily took another bite from her food.

"Do you wanna take one with me? I'm Ant-Man." Scott said. The kids looked very confused and very much like they didn't want to. "They're Hulk fans. They don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does."

"Who's Ant-Man?" Lily asked on my side.

The kids walked away but Bruce kept talking after them. "Bruce." Steve said.

"Listen to your mom. She knows better."

"About what we were saying."

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's outside of my area of expertise."

"Well, you pulled this off." I said.

"Yeah, I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible to." Nat said.