Part 20

We landed back in the Avengers building. Everyone with their stuff. Everyone but one person.

I looked around and Nat wasn't on my side.

Clint landed on his knees and we all turned to face him.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Hulk asked.

I gasp quietly tears filled my eyes.

Clint looked at me with tears, completely broken.

"No, no, no, no, no." I matter under my breath.

I fell over at Steve and he caught me. "No!" I sobbed into his chest.

All of us walked outside to the river, me a few feet away from them, not wanting to talk to anybody.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked.

"Yeah. Us." I said angrily.

"What are you doing?" Thor asked.

"Just asked her a question." Tony said, defensive.

"Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Soph, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together."

"Thor stop." Steve said.

"We can't get her back." Clint said.

"What's he...? What?" Thor mumbled.

"It can't be undone." Clint said again, sharply.

Thor laughed. "Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And, can't, seems very definitive. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn't here, is she?"

"No that's my point."

"Thor!" I yelled at him and he turned to face me. "It can't be undone. She's gone! We can't bring her back."

"It was supposed to be me." Clint said with tears. "She sacrificed her life for that goddman stone. She bet her life on it."

Hulk grabbed a bench and throw it over the lake, granting. "She's not coming back."

"We have to win." I said. "We have to win for her, or else she died for nothing. We have to make it worth it."

"We will." Steve said looking at me softly.