Part 21

We gathered around Rocket and Tony who prepared the glove with the stones. "Glove is ready." Rocket said. "Question is, who's gonna snap the freaking fingers?"

"I'll do it." Thor said walking towards it

"Excuse me?" Stark asked confused.

"It's okay."

"Oh, no, no." I mattered.

"Thor. Stop." Steve said stopping him from reaching the glove. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

"I'm sorry. What, we're all sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." Scott said.

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me. It is my duty."

"Normally, you're right. It's not about that." Tony said, stopping him. "Come on, buddy..."

"Just let me!" Thor's eyes started filling with tears. "Just let me do it." He said quietly, breaking. "Just let me do something good. Something right."

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition."

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor asked sharply.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey asked sarcastically.

Thor looked at him angry and then turned back to Tony. "Lightning."

"Okay." I mattered to myself and walked towards him.

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me." Hulk said.

I took Thor's hands off of Tony and he turned his back to us.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" I asked softly.

"We don't. But the radiation mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this." He lift the glove up and held it in his hands.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked.

"Let's do it."

"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years go, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it."

Everyone put on their suits, watching Hulk putting on the glove.

"Friday, do me a favor, and activate Barb Door Protocol, will ya?"

In a minute we were all closed in the tiny room. Every door, window, exit, was now shut with concrete doors.

"Everybody comes home." Hulk mattered, and the glove turned bigger to his hand size.

He dropped on his knees, groaning in pain. We could see the electric going through his body.

"Put it down." I said. "Leave it!" I tried to walk towards him but Steve stopped me with his shield.

"Let him do it." He said.

"It doesn't worth anything if we lose another one." I said.

"Bruce are you okay?" Steve asked him loudly but he didn't answer.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony said.

Banner groaned a little more before mumbling, "I'm okay."

The glove started leaving smoke out, he clicked his fingers and dropped on the floor, the glove leaving his hand.

We all surrounded him in a second. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Don't move him." Stark said and sprayed his arm with some ice.

"Did it work?" Banner asked.

"We're not sure. It's okay." Thor shushed him.

I looked up at the sky, a missle was getting towards us. Boom!

I dropped on the floor with the building collapsing on top of us.