01| Promise

╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

Chapter 01) Promise

*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

Every action has a reason behind it.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Anandhani~Queen of Kapilvastu.
Priymvada~ Best friend of Anandhani.
Devadutta~A commoner.
Cheeranjeevi ~King of Kapilvastu.

Avidhen- Elder brother of Cheeranjeevi and Commander in chief of Kapilvastu

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

The sky filled with hues of vermilion and the smoggy clouds floating in them seemed cosmic and elegant to the citizens of Kapilvastu who were busy admiring the redness of the horizon with their naked eyes. The dandelions started to float with the breeze, the atmosphere was calm and composed. It was the prathamā{1} of Krishna paksha {2} in the month of Magha{3}, it was the day when the empire had got a just king a year back after waiting for two decades due to the sudden demise of their past king.

"The exuberant atmosphere is adding charm to the special event that will commence soon" spoke Priyamvada, the personal handmaiden of the queen of empire who lived amongst the commoners.

"Our king has all the qualities that any true ruler might acquire, a heart of gold who considers each citizen of our empire as his own family." Said Devadutt, another commoner of the same city.

"It was the great luck of our empire that the younger prince of Kapilvastu got the throne, not the elder one." Spoke one of the commoners

"Why do you think so bhadra jan{4}?" Shotted up Priyamvada.
"Nevertheless a king is the ruler of hearts and not that of an Empire. If it would have been Kanishka, the son of Maharaj Shivananda's elder brother he would have ruled this terrain but not hearts. Don't you remember devi{5}? Last year when the empire was stuck amidst the dark clouds of the deadly disease which wiped out thousands of lives, it was our king Cheeranjeevi who risked his own life and stayed amidst us commoners to teach us the steps we should take to protect our lives. We are just commoners whose lives might not even matter but Mahraja{6} Cheeranjeevi is our ruler and in the past was the heir to the throne but yet he risked his life for us." Spoke up the commoner with respect visible in his eyes for the king of the nation.

A huge smile automatically bloomed on the face of Priyamvadā as she heard praise of the king. "We are lucky to have a great king and a modest queen too" she spoke while looking towards the folk present in front of her but to despair, her smile vanished as the people frowned and didn't reply to her last words.

"You spoke such good words about the king and just a single word for the praise of the queen," said one of the elder people present there.

Priyamvada sucked the air in relief as her brows arched into an an articulation of blithe. She kept her hand over her chest and spoke, "Kaka{7} even a single word is capable enough to describe someone if it comes from the heart and this is what our Queen Anandhàni says"

Glancing at the hues of the sky the old man spoke, "the modest behaviour of the empress dignifies her nature"

"Very soon Mahraja Cheeranjeevi will open the door of shrine and we will be able to have a look at the idol of Shreekrishna" spoke priyamvadā.