27| A Warning

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Priyamvada: Best friend of Anandhani.
Madhavi: Grand lady of finances.
Satyayani: Queen mother of Kapilvastu.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Anandhani and her companions had been looking forward at the door with dreamy eyes, their eyes glimmered with the perception of being successful but the little portion of the downfall was enough to accumulate the ratio of their luck in the favor of the undesirable.  

Ratnamaru's magnificent handle rested in Raja Patani's hand, none may ever imagine the inevitable. Madhavi had tightened her grip over the scabbard of the sword that lay below her waist since Anandhani had proposed her will to open the door of the secret dungeon. 

Priyamvada was skeptical about entering the dungeon without any prior te she had sensed something different surrounding her spine curled up and she moved towards Anndhani. "Nandhani, there is no source of light in the room rather than our torches, and if you remember the outer chamber had a huge clay candle with burning camphor." Priyamvada had guessed the probability of something suspicious, her heart comprehended well that she was correct. 

Her voice didn't have a high pitch, her intonation had declined nonetheless Madhavi's sharp ears didn't make a mistake in understanding even a single word. The likelihood of something dubious had controlled the reins of her mind. 

The opportunity of speaking desired was presented to Anandhani but wasn't availed in the blink of an eye she had to think and examine the situation first and then think of the perfect plan.

Her eyelids amalgamated under the will of her conscience to meditate. The energy of her main sense organs had diverted towards the organ of hearing, the pellucid atmosphere around her was sufficient to hear the weakest murmur, and that is when she heard the much-awaited voice. The timing of her earshot didn't match that of the upcoming hazard. 

"Throw away the wooden torches, I can sense someone hiding beneath the can't of trodden leaves."

An arrow flew in the direction of Anandhani's companions, her eyes shut tight in the fear of looking at bloodshed once again. As her eyelids turned far she could see the arrow penetrating the wind into two sections, its blade was engulfed in a stream of blood and a little finger was attached to the tip.

The arrow was shot in a hunt for someone's life, and though missed, left a deep influence taking away a member from the diverse household of an individual's fist.

The shocker was quite affluent in gathering attention from each one, the blood drifting from Madhavi's finger was enough to comprehend the fact that it was her finger that had been stricken off.  

The cracklings of the leaves had nourished the feeling of intruders' attack in the mind of the ladies, the shadow of darkness loomed over them closer. The grasp over the hilt of the respective swords had tightened.

With the atmosphere of stillness, the mere crackling of sound came out terrifying. The sound of the sword hilt clashing on the floor was a thunderclap in the aura of loudness.

Madhavi furrowed her brows and pushed the one on right a speck higher, she had imagined the bouncing of the sword after collapsing on the ground which resulted in the production of sound. 

With their hands closed the two soldiers came forward, the first to be in light-faced Madhavi with his counterpart silently gazing at Anandhani Devi.

"My eyes can't believe that it's you, Vadirajā Devi, you have grown so much and you are just like your mother."  The soldier with the breastplate of the snake symbol grasped his fists together in the gesture of respectful namaskar glancing at Madhavi.