12| Her rise has begun

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters
Madhavi- Grand lady of finances.
Anandhani- Queen of Kapilvastu.
Satyayini- queen mother of Kapilvastu.
Kanishka and Avidhen-  Elder brothers of Cheeranjeevi.
Parth- Prime minister of Kapilvastu and cousin of Cheeranjeevi.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Anandhani stared at Madhavi, with the drops of distrust concealing her cornea behind its transparent tone, she heaved a sigh and got up, her arms playing around with her uttariya to settle it quickly- though with Satyayani's help it was easier. Her face turned grim and she waited for Madhavi to speak, Madhavi's gesture quite visible to everyone- her eyes drooling on the balcony with the hope to see Anandhani.

The ministers stared at each other in disbelief, they stared at Madhavi and heaved a sigh. Each one of them knew that out of the sitting 24 great ministers a majority of them would be in favour of Anandhàni and thus it was better to nod their heads in agreement, they would be happy to be part of the assembly of a lady rather than that of a man. It was evident from the past that whenever the position of the "Shadow of the king." was offered to a male, the person had very reluctantly given the throne back to the son of the deceased king, and some had rebelled too. This time the son of the king was unborn, and his security would be in danger if any of his paternal uncles became the shadow of the king. 

Avidhen and Kanishka, the blood lineage of Somadeva's second wife, might rebel once in power. Avidhen never knew his true identity of being the foster son of Satyayani but Kanishka was well aware of it, and indeed a great danger he was.

The sour truth of life- half brothers and distant cousins were the true enemies of each other when they gained enough maturity when the desire for power and enormity engulfed their minds.

"Taking Vidushi's words into consideration, I, Parth, the prime minister of kapilvastu, are putting forward a small session of the vote in front of my dear fellow mates, the council of ministers." Giving a pause to his speech Parth turned to the ministers, "A prahar, the time being provided to you for a small discussion before you take the final decision."

Anandhani sat deserted at her place, her heart beating fast as if racing against time; the marks on her face determined the confusion of emotions among the spectators. Amalgamating her heavy eyelids she imaged the picture of Cheeranjeevi on the dark canvas of her memoir, her lips curved into a smile with her heart synthesising the emotion of nervousness that has now travelled far enough to her brain, making her stutter each word twice, as she talked to herself. Her mind was confused and so was her soul. The provider of peace of her soul, her deceased consort though, gave her peace, as she imagined him forward, the nervousness could only be removed by someone's gentle comforting sweet words. 

Satyayani's eyes moved around Anandhani's face, and her hands moved forward, gently keeping her palm over her shoulder. She thought of comforting her, "You can deny the proposal if you want." 

Anandhani adjusted the cushion behind her back and faced satyayani, her eyes depicting her thankfulness to her mother-in-law for comforting her when she needed it, "I won't run away from my duties maa." She sounded calm.

"I like this attitude." Satyayani  threw back her answer with a smile touching her ear tips, "Do answer the questions properly once questioned." She patted Anandhani's head with her fingers. 

Anandhani waited for the decision of the ministers patiently, she was perfect in concealing the tornado of emotion running in her heart through the words of wisdom depicting her stillness. 

The ministers stuck in a deep conversation amidst themselves were disturbed by Parth, "Mantrigan  the time of a ghadi, which was provided to you is over now. If you need a little more time to think individually then you may answer a little later.''