31| Vātsalya

{AFFECTION}

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Chaitanya: Son of Anandhani.
Priyamvada: Best friend of Anandhani.
Abhilasha: Princess of Kapilvastu.
Satyayani: Queen mother of Kapilvastu.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Anandhani's heart took lapses into the ocean of motherly compassion for her newborn, the position of her heart had shifted rightward with the palm of little Chaitanya rubbing over her skin that preserved her delicate heart. 

She was not perfectly in a state of consciousness but her soul couldn't be reprimanded to stay intact; without caressing the kid. It seemed tricky to locate the hairs of the kid with eyes closed and rub them in blithe admiration, but, is it hard to relocate a part of your soul?

They were still in contact with each other physically, due to the umbilical cord. And, will stay together lifelong with the imaginary thread of vātsalya bounding the soft arteries of their hearts.

"He looks absolutely like you." Priyamvada giggled, her action of taking the kid in her arms had surprised Anandhani and her wrist was kept captive.

"Where are you taking him, priyam?" 

"The umbilical cord needs to be cut and even the placenta has to be removed."

Priyamvada laced the thread of gold at the compass of the umbilical cord which was perpendicularly eight finger breadth away from the naval, of the delicate prince who seemed to be lost in his melody due to the sudden warmth he had been receiving, the affectionate warmth of his mother. 

A splash from a thin cotton thread was enough to divide the umbilical cord in two.

"He needs to be wrapped in a silk cloth and be given to his grandmother so that she can feed him goat's milk" 

"I had forgotten, but take care of him." Anandhani's hands brushed the curls of the little one who tried to snivel deep into his mother's chest.

She was weak but when it came to the newborn, she couldn't imagine parting with him.

The removal of the placenta was unbearable if executed manually, but taking away the risks of hygienic disorders, strict action was to be taken

Priyamvada introduced her finger with a hair drawn from the tail of a doe into the new mother's throat, the process seemed utterly disturbing and unhygienic but if not accomplished well on time it could leave an impact on her patient's life. Anandhani's mood deteriorated with the sudden sensation of vomiting, releasing oxygen from her mouth under the influence of the hair; she produced expulsion of secundines due to increased internal pressure.