07) Companion of her kohl

╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

Chapter 07) Companion of her Kohl

*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Backdrop:
Anandhani- The queen of Kapilvastu.
Cheeranjeevi- Late king.
Satyayini- The queen mother.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

With the dusk, the hues of the sky fussed with the colour of azure and a dark shade of black. Ornaments as stars studded in the dark skin of the sky glimmered high. The King of celestial beings, the Moon sparked the ray of rejoicement in the hearts of the night angel. The cooing voice delivered by the night angle could be heard to an extent.

Standing close to the balcony of her room, the queen of Kapilvastu gazed at the dark sky. The monochromic shades of her face revealed the dearth hidden behind her heart, hidden in the deep corner in any of those four chambers.

"Four precious yet painstaking days have passed." Anandhani's lips parted with a heavy sigh, enthralled by the beauty of the sky her gaze hoisted, high, high up to the ocean of azure.

Words depicted the agony in her heart, and an absolute gratification in her heart for those sweet memories of the past engulfed its peaceful and deserving place in her heart.

Flashback

"Checkmate" a voice penetrated Anandhani while she fluffed her cheeks in utmost discontent.

"Why is it always me who loses in the game of chess swāmi?" She questioned, inching straight into Cheeranjeevi's oxygen-black orbs.

A giggle rose in his heart, "You are always to the loser's side just because chess is a game of wisdom and not that of luck."

"If I can't win in chess then I won't even let you play. Let's play pachisi'' grabbing the wooden board her hands finally moved with a jerk throwing the chess board on the other edge of the room.

Perfect in the game of Pachisi{1}, Anandhani was sure of her victory.

" Pachisi" muttered Cheeranjeevi with the sweet scent of fear mixed uniformly. "Okay let's play."

"You agreed?" The confidence in Anandhani's voice declined, and her heart swole with fear "will I lose in this game too?" She questioned herself.

"So let me choose the colours, blue for me and black for you" she hesitantly spoke.

"Alright.'' Cheeranjeevi nodded his head.