35| An Old Prediction

Secret 02 : Vadiraja

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Madhavi: Grand lady of finances.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

The cool breeze of the nightly shades greeted the calm physique of the Raja Patani, seated on the velvet chair. Her mind was occupied with the questions of her liability toward her mentor, Madhavi. Oh, not Madhavi. The daughter of Vaishnav Hari, Vadiraja.

Cracking her knuckles with her neck stretched in the direction opposite to its diurnal course of bending front, she waited for the creaks of the door to be opened wide to welcome the much-awaited guest. She couldn't think of being double-crossed by Madhavi, evaluating her as the most reliable person she had let the gates of her heart be open to accepting her new mentor as a great friend.

The vibrations propagated through the clasping of the feet' soles with the floor, it was the grand lady of finances with her visit to the queen. "Panama." Madhavi greeted.

The voice of the lady made Anandhani press her sandal next to the floor hovering the weight of her physique on a single foot followed by the second. The corner of her lips hoisted with the synchronization to the nearing of the second lady in a smirk. "Pranam, Devi Vadirajā."

A surprise for the lady of finances. Though it was her real name, neither society was aware of her special identity, nor the set parents could accumulate the courage for letting the lips press themselves to mutter it. The last time she was called the same by a pair of soldiers, her body language had been dismantled making it uneasy for her to breathe in harmony.

"Another play of words? Those soldiers were misinterpreted and, you shouldn't tease your mentor about the same."

Madhavi was quite certain of the chirpy nature possessed by Anandhani. She could act humourous, at any moment without prior information or the presence of the apt place. She was sure it was a joke until a dart of hatred pierced her heart in two.

"Not any play of words, after all, who can defeat the famous daughter of Vaishnav Hari." Anandhani spat the words with hatred playing her love towards Madhavi, taking a pause she continued, "Am I right, Hridayeswari Vadiraja Hari?"

Her secret was spilled, clutching the end drape of her colorless saree her reflexes made her shift back. She was moved with hatred, her mind demanded an answer. Was she accused of being betrayed or a secret keeper?

Anandhani wanted an answer, she gazed deeply at the sudden change in the gait of Madhavi. Raja Patani had started to have a change in her emotions, she was no more innocent enough to be deceived, or either be moved by emotions to give a second chance.

"I want an answer, Vadiraja Hari."

The sudden change in the vocal intonations had disturbed Madhavi, she was not the one at fault. Then why be scared? Lifting her chin with her shoulders relaxed in the downward direction.